Friday, December 12, 2008

Just your average day... Oh, I mean NIGHTMARE!

Wednesday was a bad, bad day. The day had gone very wrong, all before noon! It was one of those days when you wish you had just pulled the covers over your head, resigned to the fact that the day was inevitably going to beat you down, take all the sanity you had left (as little as it might be) and leave you wishing that this year had only consisted of 364 days, taking out that horrible day, that really should be referred to as "your nightmare".


Things that went wrong:

-Glucose Test: Had to fast from midnight the night before and on an empty stomach drink 10 oz of pure, orange sugar in 5 minutes. Blah, I feel like I'm going to throw up anyway in the morning, let's just add to it with a big bottle of crap.

-Try to get the bear ready to go to the lab. Not really a fun thing to do.

-Go to get in the Pathfinder to go, oh, a flat tire. Crap. Now we really have to bust a move and get out of the house so we can make it in time to the lab for them to draw my blood exactly 1 hour from when I finished the drink.

-Switch car seat to Honda. Luckily Josh was here.

-Get to the lab 15 minutes early. They need to draw my blood at 8:15 am so we show up at 8 am, supposedly when they open. The hours 8-5 actually mean, "Whenever we feel like moseying on into work, so maybe 9 am or so to whenever we decide to close, which can and will probably be sooner than 5." We stand there and wait outside with some other people and the door finally opens at 8:10 am. The people in front of me go, I need them to draw it NOW, I refuse to do this thing over again. I tell the lady, she puts me in front of this guy, who is mad about that. She is going so fast that I'm not sure she isn't going to go all the way through my vein to my elbow.

-I almost pee my pants, I can't find a bathroom. Finally find one and Chloee has to come with me, great. Don't make it a little bit. Joy!

-Drive to McDonald's to hurry and get me something to eat. Josh drives to the first window where you pay, basically throws the money at her and drives off... WITHOUT the food. He's in such a hurry to get back to work, he just drives right past the 2nd window. Reverse, pick up food from laughing McDonald's worker and go.

-Go to Wal-Mart to get a can of air to fill up tire, so we can get it fixed. Josh is behind very slow people and is in there for 20 minutes, all the while Chloee is screaming in the car the entire time that she wants her Daddy now! Super massive headache for me.

- Get home, the can was not enough air, drive separate cars to Maverik to fill it up more. Josh goes to work, I go to the place that is going to patch it.

-I still want to throw up. Guy tells me it will be 20 minutes. Choee and I sit in waiting room, Chloee can't sit still, shock, I know. She wants M&Ms from the little machine, I get them out and she drops them all over the floor and proceeds to jump around and scream because, I somehow did that. Sure.

-30 minutes later, "Adams, you're done. We found this 3 inch screw in your tire!" Fabulous.

-I'm on the end of the county where Target is and I needed to go look for something specific, like a crazy person, I go. Chloee runs away from me and I can't find her. I can hear her laughing though, she can clearly see me but I can't see her.

-I had a 40% off coupon to Old Navy for just that day. It is only a block away from Target. Chloee goes crazy in the store. I'm decision impaired and I can't stand anymore trying to try things on Chloee so I sit down on the floor. Get lots of funny looks, on the verge of crying. Get up, walk around some more and realize I have a clearance sticker stuck to my butt.

-On the verge of falling asleep while driving, puking and want to just disappear. Go home and Chloee hits a 2nd wind and it takes her 1.5 hours to fall asleep, then I only get a little, tiny one out of her, of all days.

Okay, that's it. Probably doesn't seem so bad but I felt like someone had ran me over with a dump truck and then reversed and did the same thing over and over again.

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

The McDonald's part did me in, I was drooling all over myself with laughter! I'm sorry that you had such a craptastic day, though. And I feel bad that part of that was due to you doing some hunting for me. But at least you got a cute coat for the Chlo, right? I can't believe that it all happened before noon! That's the crazy part! I hope you got a nap today, at least. Darn that dump truck, he sure is making the rounds. A bad day for you yesterday, but a very funny written post for today!

thejohnmfamily said...

So, the lab in Logan did the same thing to me when I was pregnant with Gavin. I kept trying to tell them I was a gestational diabetic with the twins and they needed to get a very accurate read on my glucose. I didn't get my draw until 10 minutes after it was supposed to be done. What is it with labs?

The Family said...

I'm tired and stressed just reading about your day. Girl, you have some whopper days here and there. I'm so glad I'm past those days! Hope you're feeling better!

Heather said...

What?? That seems like a totally bad day. I'm so sorry that you always seem to have crazy experiences! I can relate to the tire thing. What is it with huge screws and nails around here? I hope things have been better this week. :-)