Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our Valentine's Day!

We started Valentine's Day off with all of the wonderful snow that Mother Nature decided to dump on us. Josh and Chloee went out and shoveled the driveway and then proceeded to play.
Here they are packing the snow down for their snowman. This picture is too precious!

Daddy / Daughter time is the best.

After all the fun in the snow, Josh took Chloee to Lowe's for their Build and Grow! They do these workshops that are free for your kids. You have to sign up a bit in advance or the class gets full. Chloee has an obsession with the store, Lowe's. It is so weird. I hate it with a passion, in fact, I hate to even THINK about setting foot in that store. She always goes with Josh and imitates him when he's looking at his list, she pulls out hers. It is really quite cute. You can only imagine her excitement when she heard she got to go to Lowe's. They made this cute little jewelry box. She gets to keep the apron and the safety goggles and she just takes them back every time she goes to do a project. Needless to say, they had a blast!

For Valentine's Day we gave Chloee this CD player. We have been looking for one forever. My CD player sits in her room because she listens to her primary songs as she goes to sleep and we wanted to get one that just stayed in her room. She loves it. We also got her this apron. She loves to cook with her daddy. She was excited and thanked us both over and over again!

This box showed up at my doorstep. Poor Josh, he was so mad, he thought that someone actually delivered the flowers when he ordered them. They came in this box UPS.

He also didn't know that they come NOT bloomed. I love them. It is a dozen Stargazer Lillies and Blue Irises. It was very thoughtful and sweet. He knows how much I love being surprised with flowers. When I used to work, he'd send them all the time to my work before we'd go out on a date.

I found this picture of what they will look like when they bloom. Gorgeous, if I do say so myself. I gave Josh some new shirts that he has been wanting. Our Valentine's Day was really low key, just the way it needed to be.

Josh made a really nice dinner and we just vegged for the rest of the night. Oh yes and Josh had to shovel again that night. The snow was insane yesterday. Josh kept wanting me to go into labor and the contractions are there, just not consistent enough. Sometimes I'll contract for 1 hour all the same, then they'll just stop. Who knows!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Can you believe this weather? You got some great pics from it, though. Yay! It sounds like you had a wonderful day--you've got a sweet guy!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

The flowers are gorgeous!!!!!! What a wonderful day! Love the snow pics! soo cute!

Jenny said...

Good luck with having your baby :) I hate the waiting part.....hopefully it all goes smoothly for you.

Amy and Micheal said...

Ok, that picture of Chloee in those goggles makes me giggle so much!! What a fun daddy/daughter time. I can just see her pulling out her list, too. Those are beautiful flowers! Nice job, Josh! I can't believe that you guys got that much snow! Cute post! Hope all is going well and that we hear how you're doing soon!