Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Pregnant Ramblings

Yesterday I was reading books to Chloee on the couch. We sit there together and she has to find the perfect spot between me and the inside of the couch. After trying to adjust herself many times, she finally said to me, "Mom, you're just too big and this spot is just too small! You need to move." Ok, I get it! No one knows more than me how huge I am.

I have a doctors appointment this Friday... the 13th (insert scary music here)! I will be 37 weeks so the baby is not considered a preemie at that point. I really don't want to have a baby on the 13th, it's Jordan's birthday. I also don't want to go into labor and have her on Valentine's Day. Oh, if I could just do one more week! My body is saying, NO! Who knows what I'll find out when I go up there in 2 days. I am so miserable, I might be just fine if I did go into labor after he checks me.

I think I sleep about 2-4 hours a night and that is interrupted sleep from being so uncomfortable to having to pee all the live long day & night! I am exhausted. Chloee keeps asking me when the baby will finally be here. She is obsessed with my friends little baby. She always asks me if she can go see baby Anna. Yesterday when I was at Maren's, Chloee kept telling Anna that she was so cute and that she loved her so much. Maybe she won't be a total terror when ours comes, maybe she will just be a little terror that wants to help. I'm afraid the terror thing is inevitable.

Josh came home from work on Monday with a little gift for me from someone. See if you follow. Josh works with a guy named Jake, I have become friends with Jake's wife, Heather. Through blogs and emails alone, I have had the chance to get to know Heather's mom, Janet. I have never met Janet, but we email and check one anothers blogs. She usually always emails me or leaves a comment when I'm blue and ALWAYS says the right things and exactly what I need to hear. I HAVE NEVER MET HER, which is so weird to me because I really feel like I know her. Anyway, she had sent a present for the baby AND Chloee. There were 2 adorable blankets. The one for the baby is beautiful oranges and yellows and she even did all the edging, I don't know what that is called, but it's gorgeous. She also sent this adorable fleece one for Chloee, with the edging too, for her or for her to use for her dolls. It really meant a lot to me and I love that they are special with her hand-work. What a sweet woman!

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah yes, poor Jordan. Born on Friday the 13th, and cursed with 3 older sisters! I wonder what'll happen when you go to your appt. Eek! I'm so excited! Of course if you do have it sometime around then, my baby pool bet is done for. At least it's not as bad as Micheal's guess! You poor thing, getting no rest. Maybe this one will be a sleeper. We'll keep our fingers crossed. And what a sweet thing Heather's mom did! She is so nice! Let me know what I can do for you, sistah!

The Family said...

No, no, no! You don't want the baby to come until at least the 22nd, remember! We're leaving on Friday the 13th and we'll have it again the next day. We have to live it twice!

Anyway, I'll be in touch to see what's going on.

Heather said...

I'm sorry you're feeling so miserable. I know this isn't any consolation to you, but you are one cute mama! Sorry again about spilling on you the other night!

P.S. My mom just things you are the sweetest--she has a good eye for this kind of thing! :-)