Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Daddy Daughter Ball

A few weeks ago Josh and Chloee went to a Daddy Daughter Ball. It was all she ever talked about until the day finally arrived. It was at The Castle in Layton, which is were a lot of receptions are held.


I saw an ad for it in a magazine. It was a princess ball. It was on a Friday night from 6:30 - 8:30 pm. The ad said this, "Autograph book for meeting the princesses, pictures with dad and princesses, princess story time, dancing, hors d'oeuvres including a chocolate fountain, Cinderella carriage rides, all at the Castle in Layton."

I knew instantly when I read the ad that Chloee would have so much fun. It was $35 and we told her it was part of her birthday present.

They had all of the princesses there:

Cinderella - Josh said she looked just like her and did a very good impersonation.

Sleeping Beauty - She wrote in Chloee's autograph book, "We've met before, once upon a dream. Love, Aurora"

Snow White - She looked awesome too!

Ariel - Chloee was sad, she wasn't able to ever get Ariel's autograph.

Pocahontas- (who Josh said was white and wearing dark foundation to make *just her face* look "Indian")

Jasmine - She wrote in Chloee's book, "You are so pretty! Love, Jasmine"

Tinkerbell- She wrote in the book, "Cloe, you are going to be a heart breaker. you are just captivating! Love, Tinker Bell"

Tiana- wrote in her book "Cloe, I love your poka do dress! Love, Tiana" (No, I did not spell those words wrong, that is exactly how she wrote it. Looks like New Orleans didn't teach her very good grammar, but voodoo, all pro!)

Belle- Chloee didn't get her autograph either.

Mulan- wrote in her book, "Be true to yourself. Love, Mulan"

Josh asked me, "Since when is Pocahontas, Tinkerbell and Mulan princesses." I about died laughing, you probably would have had to have been there.


I did her hair in sponge curlers and then pinned all the ringlets up and put some diamonds in her hair. She looked so stinking cute! I can't believe she's as old as she is.


This was the day after Josh's brother's wedding. I was staying at Amy's to run the race the next day. I took Chloee to Josh at his work, then they went home together. I wasn't there so I didn't get one picture of them together. Josh told me he was going to take her some place nice and then they were going to go to the party. Ends up, they were running late. Guess where he took her for "dinner"? Oh yeah, Maverik, yes the gas station, for a hot dog. I couldn't believe it. Well, she loved it and still talks about going there and eating with dad and that's all that matters.

The lady who was there taking the pictures has a site I pulled their pic off of. I am going to have to order it because it is the only picture I have of those two together, even if I think the picture totally washes them out.


Josh said that when you entered the castle, they read off your name as if you were entering an actual royal ball. He said the carriage ride was awesome and everyone was dressed up in older clothes like on Cinderella. He said it looked just like Cinderella's carriage.

I know Chloee had so much fun and this is something she'll always remember. Something she'll always cherish, something she did with her dad. I'm so grateful to Josh for taking her and realizing it was something that would mean the entire world to a little 4 year old girl.

3 comments:

Renae Williams said...

Chloee you are adorable! I love how mom fixed your hair--just like a true princess. I am glad that you were able to spend a special date with daddy. Kimberlee--you took some beautiful pictures of Chloee. What a wonderful memory making occasion. Better get ready for when little Halle is old enough to go too.

Anonymous said...

Chloee looks so cute!! What a cute dress & I love her hair!! What a fun date with her daddy :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Good gravy! When did she grow up so fast?! That black and white one of her is so precious! She looks so old in it! I'm glad she had such a fun time with her daddy. Hot dogs at Maverick, I love it! All that matters is that she has a blast with her dad, which she obviously did! You did such a great job with her hair and taking pictures. She is such a special sweet girl!