Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I Had A Birthday.... Shout Hooray!

My birthday was on June 1st. We had a lot of fun. I talked Amy into coming and staying for my birthday and then for Chloee's 2 days later. I had to get my driver's license renewed. I spent about 2 hours doing that. That was NOT fun.


We went out to eat at Olive Garden. They actually seated us back in our own little room, set back in. They probably took one look at us and Halle (who was screaming) and thought, "Put them in the 'special' room". Oh well, good for us.


It would have been even better, if the walls were echo/sound proof.


Of course she's crying. That's about all she did the entire night.


Josh came home early and made me my favorite.... NY baked cheesecake. Oh, it doesn't get much better than that. So, so good. I once ate almost the whole pan by myself. I was sick for 3 days and if I remember right, I threw up. That says a lot about this divine cheesecake. Usually after I throw something up, I can't eat it again.

I had a fun day. My friend, Cindy, took me out for lunch (which Halle was awful at too) and we went shopping. That Wiley Amy, she said she had to "go to the bathroom" at Olive Garden. Josh had to take Halle out and he caught her out there paying for the bill. Stinker!

I saw a lady in the waiting area as we were sitting there too. I was drawn to her and I didn't even know why. As she tried to make her way to the bathroom, she could hardly walk. I offered to help her into the restroom, she accepted. She proceeded to tell me about how she has cancer and she had just done a chemo and radiation treatment that day. She was so tired and fragile. I helped her in the bathroom and with washing her hands. She was so sweet to talk to. She even showed me her bald head. We laughed about how much real hair wigs cost. I brought her out of the bathroom and there was her husband, waiting outside the door for her. I stopped, gave her a huge hug and she hugged me back. I couldn't help but feel so close to this woman, who then didn't want to end our embrace. With tears streaming down my face, I told this woman that I loved her and in that moment I felt as though I knew she wasn't going to make it through the rest of her treatments. It was weird. Something I can't really explain.

Her husband told me how grateful he was that I helped her in the restroom. A tear ran down his cheek. I felt so close to the spirit, it is indescribable. I thought I was doing something for someone else when in reality, this woman did something for me.

It's all about timing. Certain things that I am experiencing had drawn me to her and that day I needed her. I needed her sweet spirit to lift me up. She simply put a smile on my face and made me feel closer to my Father in Heaven.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful spiritual experience with that sweet lday. You are so tender and loving. Isn't it amazing the way the Lord touches us with other people? And Happy Birthday to my sweet sistah! I love you tons!