Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day. Of course the girls mauled Daddy from the time he got up. We made breakfast and just had a fun time together. Normally our ward gives out DAD's Root Beer but not this year. Maybe the Mother's Day flowers had cost too much and now the dads are paying for it.

We gave Dad a calendar for his desk with pictures and sayings on it that we made online. He got the Tremors movie pack. He loves that movie. It had all 4 of them in there. Yeah, I didn't even know there were 4 Tremors movies. He got some clothes and stuff. The girls gave him books they picked out at Seagull Book. Chloee's was a coupon book and Halle's was a "I love you daddy" book.

They did the questionnaire thing in primary, like they did on Mother's Day. Here's what Chloee wrote about Josh:

My Dad's name is Josh.
My Dad is I don't know old.
My dad has brown hair.
My dad drives a white.
When my Dad goes to work, he does his computer.
My Dad is really good at dishes.
If I could give my dad anything, I would give him a book.
My Dad's favorite thing to drink is Pepsi.
My Dad's favorite food is PB&J sandwiches.
When my Dad is not working, he likes to do stuff that read books.
I know my Dad loves me because mom tells me.
My favorite thing to do with my dad is hug him.
My Dad makes me laugh when he makes mom laugh.
My Dad doesn't like it when I bad stuff.
I love my Dad because Mommy told me.

Evidently we both love to do the dishes. She wrote that on both of our lists. I don't know where she got the Pepsi thing, it's Dr. Pepper all the way. Also, the only reason she loves Josh is because I tell her to? Interesting.

Josh is an amazing husband and father. He is one of kind. I feel very grateful to have him as my husband. He is an incredible father who loves his 2 little girls so much. He is so patient and understanding with them, something I could work on. There have been a lot of things that have been rough and scary in our time together. When things get tough, people either fight or flight. I'm so very grateful for the insurmountable amount of FIGHT that is in my husband, especially when flight would have been the easy choice. I love you!!!



MY DAD---
I wanted to put up a small post about my Dad on this Father's Day. My Dad is amazing. I talked with him for probably 45 minutes on Father's Day. We both cried on the phone about things we were sharing with one another. There are many things I love about my Dad but one is how patriotic he is. My Dad bleeds RED, WHITE and BLUE.

Last year after Micheal died, he ran the Freedom Run on Independence Day. It was his 20th year running it and it was a big deal. The whole family got together to run it with him. I mean all of the extended family, everyone. My Dad carried this American Flag the entire 9.3 miles in honor of Micheal. Once again, this year he ran the Freedom Run and he ran with that flag for Micheal through the entire race. He says he'll do it every year, even if he has to crawl across the finish line. He may have to do that down the road, he turns 60 next year. :)

Love you, Dad!

3 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

It is so nice to be blessed with wonderful men in our lives. Chloee's list about Josh is cute. Kids are funny.

Heather said...

Beautiful post! You've got some amazing men in your life (and they're lucky to have you in their lives too). Cute idea to do the book for Father's Day -- could you be any more creative??!!

Amy and Micheal said...

That was such a sweet post Kimberlee! Josh is such a wonderful dad. I'm so glad that we were raised by such a great dad, who taught us so much. I'm so grateful to Micheal and the wonderful dad he is. What amazing men we have in our lives!