Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm Addicted....

Yes, I am addicted to garage sales. I went last weekend with my friend, Melissa. We went out at about 6 AM and had scouted out the different places we were going to go. It was so fun and I got TONS of awesome stuff. We took her van, laid down the seats and the van still looked like this:

At one point, we had to take a bunch of stuff out and reorganize so that everything would fit. Some guy at one of the places was like, "That is not all going to fit in there." Melissa disagreed and of course made everything fit, granted she had to stick her head out the window to back up because her rear view mirror was blocked but hey, you do what you gotta do.


I laughed so hard at one point, I actually thought I was going to puke. She was cracking me up as she was trying to maneuver the van and her commentary and some of the stuff.


Here's all the junk I got. Not junk, TREASURE!


I have been wanting one of these for Hals' room but they are like $45-60 some places. I got mine for $3.


I have been looking for one of these cars. Halle loves the one at my mom's and I wanted to get one. She calls it her "Mama car" that's grandma car cause it looks just like the one at my mom's house.

Yes, I am actually going to write what I got and their accompanying awesome price. Melissa is a wheeling dealing machine. She was haggling with everyone about prices. I didn't pay much of what anyone was asking because she was talking everyone down.

*Toy Holder $3
*Night Stand $4
*Night Stand (exactly the same) $3
*Chloee's big nightstand with drawers $8
*2 lamps for my bedroom ($1 ea) $2
*Kid Cotton Candy Machine $1
*Pet Porter $5
*Pampered Chef Apple peeler & corer $2
*2 Clocks for girls' rooms (.50 ea) $1
*Halle's car $5
*Kids Picnic Table $7
*2 Brand new water bottles (.50 ea) $1
*Ladybug costume for Hals for Halloween $1
*Play Beauty Set (still in package) $.25
*Magnet Board for Halle's room $1
*Deluxe Magic Bullet Set (NEW, still in package) $10
*Purple Boa for photography $1
*Magnadoodle $.50
*Table Umbrella and Chair Awning Set $1
*Bowling Set $1


Here's the cute little toy holder in Halle's room.


I found this cute little magnet board for Halle's room. Just need to put pictures on it now.


This cute nightstand for Chloee's room. There used to be a TV eating tray thing next to her bed.


Some cute shelves for the girls' rooms.


I have also been looking for a kids picnic table. Got a killer deal on that too!


A Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, cool little slinky maker thingy.

This is the only way the girls like their apples now.


The girls loving their umbrella table.

The only things that haven't worked out for me have been the kids cotton candy machine, doesn't really work and the lamps for my room. They look cute but they were way too tall for my nightstands and bedroom set, they looked weird. Only out $3. Pretty good if I do say so myself.

4 comments:

thejohnmfamily said...

Oh, I'm so jealous of the apple peeler. We have one, but it's old and we need a new one, and they're expensive. I agree it's the best way to eat apples.

The Over Family said...

Holy cow! You are an amazing garage sale shopper! ;) The deals that you got on practically brand new items blows me away. Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I love my apples like that too :) Are you going to dry them? Everything looks brand new! I'm a dork at garage sales & never talk anyone down. I figure I'll pay what they're asking. Josh thought I was funny for not talking them down at all, he said that's what you do at garage sales :)

Bob and Marie said...

wow! killer deals! I want to come yard saling with you!