Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Fire Safety Fun

We went to fire safety night at Station 51 in Layton. It was just me and Chlo. Halle was staying at Amy's and Josh stayed up there that night to cut out one of the commutes. My LONG time friend, Paul, is a firefighter there and his wife was coming down for it with him. She contacted me and asked if we wanted to come. I have known OF Alisa but never known her. It was an INSTANT connection. She is hilarious and soooo has a personality like mine. I enjoyed every minute we spent together, whether it was talking about in-laws or laughing.

This picture is of Chloee on the fire truck. We got to take a ride around the block. She loved it.


Alisa and their adorable little boy, Carter.


She wanted to keep going on rides.


They did some fire demonstrations. Chloee was too short and couldn't see... who am I kidding? I was too short and couldn't really see.


Alisa was a sweetheart and put Chloee on her shoulders so she could be in on the action. Mind you, it's not like she was putting Carter, an 18 month old up there, it was an over 40 lb, 5 year old. After that, I knew I liked her even more and so did Chloee.


They got to spray the fire hose at the "fire".


Carter was not so interested.

As soon as Alisa and I started talking, she said that Paul had said, "You'll get along with Kim, she's mean like you." What is that supposed to mean? Then we both said something to him, because clearly that is a bash on both of us.

It's okay, turns out that because we both aren't sickie sweet and we tell things the way they are and we are both spit fires, we did get along really well.

They then came back to my house and we talked and laughed until about 11:30 pm. Poor Alisa had to teach school the next day and they still had to drive back up to Logan. I am grateful because I made a new, awesome friend.

2 comments:

Alisa and Paul said...

We had the best time with you guys. And I feel so honored to make your kick A blog. I can't wait to get together again soon. You guys crack me up!

Amy and Micheal said...

I agree that we need to get together again soon!! Even though I wasn't there for the fire safety one, hanging out with the Olsen's and eating donuts and playing Balderdash was AWESOME!!! I literally thought I was going to throw up!!