Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Amy's 2nd Marathon THIS YEAR...

Back on September 17th, Amy was able to check something off her bucket list. Prepare yourself... *2 MARATHONS IN ONE YEAR*... Yes, she is crazy.

She did the one in Seattle back in June and did the TOU this September. She didn't run at all from the one in Seattle due to a million things going on in her life. She didn't train for 4 months and STILL ran the entire thing and didn't walk once and still did it in comparable time to last year's TOU race. What? This woman never ceases to amaze me.

My mom, Josh and I did signs for her and we put them up the canyon. She didn't see any of them because of the wind, rain and hail. Oh well, the thought was there.
This one is my favorite. It any of you watch PSYCH, you know what these all mean. I'm sure she would have laughed hysterically had she seen it.


It poured the entire time. Rain, hail, thunder, lightning, horrible weather but that makes it all the better because you're numb.


Don't you just LOVE Halle's socks? They are my mom's fuzzy socks. She looks pretty darn cute, if you ask me.


About mile 17 and SMILING. What? I'd be dead on the side of the road.


About mile 21 or so. Pulling funny faces.


Another shot of the socks.


Look at those LEGS....

Man, somewhere in heaven, Micheal is drooling.


And now he's smiling because his crazy wife is smiling at mile 26.


Kennet gave her a dandelion as she was running past him. So sweet.


Coming in at the end. The sun showed up for a bit.


FINISHED!!!


Every year that Amy runs the marathon, we get a picture of Amy giving Halle a kiss after she finishes. I had to put the last 3 years in here. Notice that in all 3 of them, Amy is wearing the same hat and the same pair of earrings.
2009

2010

2011


I'm so proud of you, Amy!


I loved this picture of her. Her eyes just sparkle.


I love these weird, random faces we make to each other.


Look at how pruned her toes are from all of the rain.


Amy with her best boys.

Congrats Amy, I am impressed that you did 2 marathons. What a great accomplishment.
You rock!

0 comments: