Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day... Crawdad Fishing

It's sad that I am just barely getting my labor day post up. Better late than never, right?

We got up EARLY on Monday morning and drove down to Strawberry Reservoir to go crawdad fishing with Josh's dad's side of the family. Aren't those things just so ugly?


The girls loved it. You take a raw chicken leg and tie a string to it, toss it out and wait until a crawdad latches on and scoop it up.


The girls and Grandpa J.


I love that smirk.


They love wearing their "John Deere" hats for dad. Josh bought them hats the last time he was out at John Deere in Iowa for work. They say, "I'm a John Deere princess". I should have had him get one for Connie.


Chloee even held one later after this picture was taken.


Chloee getting comfy in my sweater.


Yes, I kissed a crawdad. No one thought I would.


Josh's brothers and sisters and dad (excluding the sister on a mission).


Halle and Bampa J.


We caught quite a few.


Oh, I guess she is holding one in this picture. My little daredevil.


A nice picture up in grandpa's tree at his house. We went back to J's house after and had a BBQ. It was a fun, eventful day but we were wasted by the time we got home.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

That's the Chlo!! So brave and not a girlie girl. Those things are hideous but I bet that was so much fun!! Kai and Kennet love doing any kind of fishing. And I just LOVE Halle's face in that last picture with Isa and Chloee. Her big bright smile just makes me laugh!!