Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Letter of the Law

Today I was going to the bank to take care of some financial business. Halle was decked in her usual attire. A baby in one hand, a sucker in the other and sunglasses on.

I walked into the bank and had noticed a sign on the door that read something like this, "For your safety and others, please remove all boots, sunglasses and firearms before entering this branch." Okay, weird. I figured that maybe someone in boots would slip on the floor and someone wearing sunglasses would be robbing a bank and not want their face on the cameras and the firearm was kind of a no-brainer.

Halle and I strolled in and I was looking over to the right to talk to a financial clerk when a teller says to me, "Mam, she needs to take off her sunglasses", I was looking at her like you're joking right? She then said to me, "Did you see the sign?" I said, "Yes, I did. SHE'S 2!" She said, "I can see that. Remove her glasses." I gave her glint of "you asked for it" and I took them off of her....

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and lots of screaming at the top of her lungs.

No one could talk to anyone else and anyone who was on the phone couldn't hear a thing. I looked at her like, "you asked for it and it's a good thing that now we know what this 2 year old looks like under these sunglasses cause clearly she is going to rob this bank!" All of the tellers then glared at her as I dragged Halle over to the financial clerk's desk.

As soon as I sat down (Halle is still screaming at this point) the clerk told me that she could wear her sunglasses. Halle shut right up as soon as I put them on. The clerk was shaking her head about the moronic teller. I took care of our business there and on our way out, I turned around to that teller and told Halle to "say bye" as she was wearing her sunglasses with an oh-so smug look on my face.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Seriously?!?! What is that lady's problem?? I wish Halle would have smacked her across the face with her purse. I wanted to just reading it! Good for you keeping your calm and letting her look like a complete idiot.