Thursday, September 18, 2008

Check Up & Harleys

Today I went in for my monthly check up. My appointment was originally supposed to be tomorrow, on Friday but my doctor's office called a few weeks ago and needed to change because he wasn't going to be in on that date anymore.

Everything looks great, I actually gained 2 pounds in the last 5 weeks, which is awesome for me since I have been trying to put weight back on since I threw up so much in the beginning. I still don't weigh what I did before I got pregnant with this one. I lost A LOT of weight in the first 12 weeks. 2 pounds is great and I'll take whatever I can. We find out on October 15th what we are having!

While I was in there, we got talking to my doctor about him switching days. He is so hilarious and all of you who know me, know I LOVE my OBGYN so much that is why I still go to Logan even though I live in Layton. Josh loves him just as much as I do and we have been through a lot together and he knows all my problems and he just takes extremely good care of us. Ok, on a totally different side note, he is the sweetest man ever, we saw him in the Temple on night and after we were talking to him and his wife and we walked out together and after he got his wife in the car and everything, he came running after us, shouting our names. When he caught up to us, he slapped some cash into Josh's hand and said, "I wanted to pay for you guys to go out to dinner tonight for coming to the Temple" and before you could rebuttal or anything, he was gone. I know a lot of people think I'm crazy but when I'm having a baby, I don't want just anyone, I want someone that both Josh and I trust my life with, after all, that is what you're doing. There are many other stories I could write about him that makes the drive 100% worth it to me but we'd be here ALL night.

Ok, back to my original story. We got talking about him switching days and he said that his dad decided to do a weekend with his boys. They are renting Harley Davidsons and riding up to Yellowstone. Oh we laughed so hard when he told us that. I asked him if he'd ever been on a motorcycle before and he said, "Nope, this should be fun, I hope I don't hit any buffalo while I'm up there." It was just more than I could bare, I laughed so hard. I can't even imagine him doing a road trip on a Harley. I seriously COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING. This probably isn't as funny to any of you but I had to document it!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That does sound way funny, I can't imagine my doc doing that :) Hopefully he doesn't take another road trip when you go in to have your baby! :)

Amy and Micheal said...

That is great!! Ha ha, I can just picture him cruising on that Harley. Having a great OBGYN makes life just a little bit easier. I hope he has fun on his trip. And glad to hear that all is well on the baby front!

Sandstone Writings said...

I totally understand why you have to have this doctor! What a good man. I laughed and cried while reading you post. Glad you and Josh got a night out alone together, too!

Bob and Marie said...

Who's your OB? That is too funny!

thejohnmfamily said...

Aren't you glad I threw such a fit about making you see him? I am sure you thought I was crazy when I was raving about how he is the best OB/GYN ever, but I figured once you went and met him you wouldn't think I was quite so crazy. Good luck with this pregnancy!