Tuesday, September 30, 2008

One of "those" days...

Last Thursday was exactly that. One of "those" days. I woke up feeling good, which never happens, so I thought I'd be super productive. I cleaned the kitchen, did all the dishes, started the dishwasher, swept and spot mopped. I felt great, so I moved on to the front room, then I started vacuuming the stairs then all the bedrooms upstairs, then I cleaned the bathrooms. Laundry, oh yes, I needed to do laundry. I did 4 loads... AND PUT THEM AWAY!! This is huge for me because by the time the laundry is done drying, the last thing I want to do is put it away, so needless to say, we live out of the laundry baskets most weeks until the next time laundry is done. I bathed Chloee, which normally makes me sick to lean over the tub, I made a couple of loafs of banana bread and made some very tasty pasta for lunch.

By the time 12:30 pm rolled around, I was wasted, I had hit a wall and I was starting to cramp. Not good, so I tried to lay down for few minutes but it only got worse. I was so exhausted and tired, I could hardly keep my eyes open. I knew I had done too much.

Chloee has this thing she does when she takes care of her #2 business. She runs and hides behind the couch and when I hear grunting, I say, "Chloee, are you pooping?". What I get in return is a hand being held up and at me like, "STOP" and says, "DON'T WATCH"! It's over, there's no getting close to her or even attempting to get her to the potty before she does her deed. Well, about 1 pm or so, she was sitting on the bar stool and said, "Mommy, I go hide, don't watch". I asked her if she needed to go potty, she said yes and I told her that she could go on the BIG GIRL POTTY! She agreed. Finally, at last, I was able to catch her before she was in the "don't watch, don't touch me" mode. I was so exhausted that even taking her clothes and diaper off wore me out. I put her on her potty, then she decided she wanted to sit on the big potty, so I moved it over, then she proceeded to tell me to leave. I did as I was asked and just 1 minute later, I hear, "I'm done". I knew she couldn't have done anything in that little amount of time. Upset and tired, I go upstairs to the bathroom to find all of the toilet paper unrolled and yes, no business was done. I said, "I know you need to poop, go in your potty", the response I got was, "No, I want to poop in my diaper, put my diaper on, I don't want to poop in the potty, I want my diaper". I was so furious, come on, let's skip the step where I have to clean off your poopy butt and gag, GO IN THE POTTY! More arguing, I know I was arguing with a 2 year old and finally I just didn't care so I put the stupid diaper on.

I'm in the kitchen cleaning up from the banana bread and I hear her grunting in the front room and I was livid. I really thought if I could catch her before she went and hid, she would go in the potty. No! In the midst of my huffing and puffing, thinking that I couldn't get any more irritated, in walks Chloee to the kitchen.... NO DIAPER. She proceeds to tell me, "Look Mom, I take my diaper off, I be like Nate!" Oh no, no, no, WHERE IS THE DIAPER AND THE REMNANTS OF WHAT SHOULD BE IN THE DIAPER?????? I go in the front room to find the diaper on the carpet with "stuff" on the carpet too, a butt print of poop on her mattress she takes her nap on (which I had just changed an hour before), it was also on the couch, the tile and somehow managed to be on the front door too!!! I just began to cry as I thought, "Where do I start?". I kind of wanted to just leave and torch the place and completely forget that it ever happened.

I got done cleaning up the MESS, which doesn't even describe what I had to face and was ready to go take a nap. I was exhausted. As I went to lay down, I realized I had to pee right then. Those of you that know me well, know I have very bad bladder control when I'm not pregnant but it is SO bad when I am. I thought, up or down, which bathroom do I have a better chance of making it to? I chose downstairs and just as I made it to the tile at the bottom of the stairs, I saw the toilet and lost everything. Yes, I completely wet my pants right there, 5 feet from the toilet. Oh great, now I get to clean up after myself! I know what my daughter's problem is, what's mine? Josh says I need to get some Depends! Funny... I think NOT!

In a book I'm reading I came across this quote. It's so true.
The phrase "working mother" is redundant. ~Jane Sellman

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow....sorry about all your messes! Seth is almost 5 and I wish he was totally done with his "accidents" in his underware!! I started potty training him way too early....why does it have to take 3 YEARS anyway to potty train a kid? Yea, boys are slow, but I didn't think THIS slow!! Hope Chloee gets to where she likes the toilet.

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh sweetie, bless your heart!! What a day! It started out so good and then totally stunk by afternoon (no pun intended). I remember being pregnant with Kennet when Kai made a "mess" and I was so bad I had to call Mom to come up and take care of it. I'm such a wuss!

You're a tough cookie, and I got to hand it to you for not puking all over the walls while cleaning up the mess. As for the bladder problems, that one's all on me. Forgiveness please!!! I did wipe out your million dollar debt, though, so I hope that is a start for my repayment. Hope today is a much better day for ya!

Maren said...

I'm so sorry that my child taught Chloee how to "unstrap" the diaper just after messing it and dump it on the floor! What good examples we are!! Oh the joys of motherhood...

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Ohhh Kim! What a day for you!!! Lucky for me that Ethan hasn't ever ripped his diaper off! Potty training is still waiting for his 3rd b-day though cause he seems not interested in anything buy playing iwth the potty chair!

Hope your days are better! I love reading your blog!

Bob and Marie said...

Banana bread, a clean house, and a healthy lunch? What a great start to a crazy day. I"m so sorry it turned out so rotten. Hang in there...What would we do without your blog and all your funny stories. You and Amy are like my TV shows. I can't wait to log in and find out what adventures have been happening. :) Love you two!

Heather said...

Why do days like that happen when we are COMPLETELY EXHAUSTED??? I'm so sorry your day went from bad to worse. You completely amaze me how you can laugh about these hard things. You're a great one!