Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Chloee's First Haircut

I was so worried that this wouldn't go well... at all. I talked to Stacie about it on the phone and she said we could put a cool kid cape on her and she could have a sucker after. Josh's sister, Stacie, has a salon in her home so we went and had Josh's cut first so that Chloee could see how much "fun" it was. All of you that know her, know of her curls. They were just getting too wispy on the ends and around her face, it was getting wispy too. I have been so hesitant to cut her hair because, come on, she's 2 and I have never cut it and it's not like she has a ton of it.

She turned out to be absolutely amazing. She didn't cry once and didn't move when Stacie was cutting it or anything. I was in total shock. She even let Stacie wash her hair in the sink, it was the cutest thing ever.

SO BRAVE!

I just loved seeing her little feet hanging out under the cape while she was sitting on the booster in the chair.

She has an awful calic like me, in the exact same spot. Her hair naturally swoops off to one side so I had her trim it up, but not into bangs.

When Stacie asked her to put her head down, she did and stayed like that. I was SHOCKED the entire time and so proud. I know that sounds stupid but I'm pregnant, I'm allowed to cry over stupid things. Or at least what others might think are stupid...

She loves the blow dryer!

After, Stacie put some Curl Life Spritz or something in her hair to boost the curls and it looked so darn cute. What's my problem? Even writing this post makes me cry. I was just so proud of her for being so brave and good.

The cut really helps her curls to look fuller and it looks so much healthier. The curls actually look even more curly, if that makes any sense. I'm glad it looks so good, I wanted to get it cut before I do her pics this weekend. Thanks Stacie for being so great and patient with her. I KNOW it never would have gone as good as it did if someone else had done it! I'm sad I forgot to keep a little "lock" of it for her baby book...

8 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I LOVE IT!! What a good girl too, holding still. I can't get the boys to hold still for the 20 seconds it takes me to shave their heads, even when I toss a hunk of candy right in their lap to appease them! I think it looks so adorable! Way to go Chloee, I'm so proud of you!

Jenny said...

Wow! Chloee is so cute! Love her new hair style! Also the farm looked way fun (on the post below).

The Over Family said...

Chloee is so adorable! She just gets cuter and cuter every time I see a picture of her. That's great that she was still the entire time!

Renae Williams said...

Chloee's hair is so adorable and she sat still so good for Stacie. That's grandma's little cutie! By the way, the farm pics below were so fun. That's a great idea for the kids at the fair. How fun and creative.

Sandstone Writings said...

She looks so cute. I can't believe she is only 2 and so good with her first haircut. How pleased you must be and the photos were great in showing the whole process. Sorry you forgot that lock of hair.

Emily + Eric said...

So cute! I always tear up when my kids reach those little milestones, too. It means our babies are growing up!

I HAVE to have the address for the Weed Man! I'm seriously going to make a trip there this week. Thanks!
Will you e-mail me an address or directions? Thanks! estauffer24@yahoo.com

Stacie Peterson said...

Chlo was such a cute little thing during her cut but I thought I told you not to take any ugly pictures of me!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Cute hair! I love the picture with her little feet hanging out!