Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Sickness

It is impossible in our family to have everyone be healthy for Christmas. IMPOSSIBLE! I can't think of one year since Josh and I have been married, where one of us wasn't sick. This year is no different.

Halle has had a bad cough for the last week or so, but only at night. Well, on Sunday it started to become a lot more than that. Now it's the awful cough at night AND day, a nose that runs like a faucet, eyes that are so swollen she can hardly even open them, screaming, yelling, no sleeping, no eating. Pretty much NOTHING can make her happy! Oh Joy!

I decided that before everyone stopped working this week, I was going to take her in and make sure that her lungs and everything still sound okay. Of course, today is my regular dr's day off, so we saw the other one that I like just as much but we weren't able to get in until 3:00 this afternoon. It made for a very, very long day.

As Dr. Owens is listening to her breathing with his stethoscope, Halle is of course throwing a major fit. She's holding this wood train in her hands and as a sign of protest of what he was doing, she decided to throw the train as hard as she could. Well, Dr. Owens was sitting on his chair with his legs spread open, bent down trying to listen to Halle. Let's just say that she threw it and it hit him pretty hard in his man-business. I was humiliated. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die, laugh, apologize for the next hour, cry, you name it. After he gained his composure, he said, "I'm just glad it wasn't Chloee who threw it at me".

After that nice fiasco, we found out she does have a really bad sinus infection. Thank heavens, he put her on an antibiotic and I hope she starts getting better and will be on the mend soon!

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Has Halle been watching "What Happens In Vegas" again? Ha ha! What a Christmas gift! I can only imagine what would have happened with Chloee's arm behind that train....

I'm so sorry you guys always catch some kind of bug around Christmas, and the 4th of July... St. Patricks day... I hope Halle gets better soon. I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. I still remember Chloee's first Christmas and how she was quarantined to the house. Tell Hallsies not to worry, I'll bring the Micheal necklace with me. Insta' healer, right?