Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was lots of fun. We had it at our house this year. My parents and 2 brothers came down and Amy and the boys came up. We were only missing Annie and her family. Come on Annie, like you couldn't come up to Utah for a day. California to Utah, it would be like an hour, no big whoop!

We had lots of good food. Poor Josh, he was up cooking most of Wednesday night and early Thursday morning. It was delicious. The kids had fun playing together and my Dad and Jordan had a blast with our dog. Koda was just grateful to have someone other than Josh play with him.


Kennet sat at the table and ate cranberry sauce or whatever that is that you just dump out of a can onto a plate for Thanksgiving. Josh is the only one that likes it here. Gross. Kennet seemed to think it was some sort of a pie. He would cut it up with his fork and knife and then eat it by the spoonfuls. It was so hilarious, we had to get some pictures of it.

I thought I'd list 5 things I'm grateful for:
1- Family. Where would we be without family? Lost, that's where! I am so grateful for my little family of four, who mean so much to me. Of course, I'm grateful for all of my other family too, it would just take a year to name everyone.

2- A job. I'm grateful that Josh has a great job that supports our family. We have been very blessed.

3- A roof over our heads. I am so grateful to have a place to stay. A warm place to sleep and to keep us safe and protected.

4- Free agency. I am so grateful to live in a place where we have free agency, the freedom of speech, the freedom of so many things we take advantage of. This is something I think of more often now that Micheal gave his life for this cause. It makes me sad to think that it took a loved one dying for it to mean a lot more to me.

5- Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. This is something that my views and feelings have changed a lot on this last year.

There are so many things, I could go on for a very long time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

The food looks AMAZING! And I know it was if you and Josh cooked it. :-) I love your list of five things -- beautiful!

Amy and Micheal said...

Mmmmm, I swear I'm still stuffed from Thanksgiving. Josh did such an awesome job cooking... it's just too bad he can't keep the food down like the awesome Anaconda's, eh? Tell him to not feel too bad. Maybe one day he'll get there. Thanks so much for having us up there for so long. We had such a fun time with all our family. I still can't believe that Kennet dug into that cranberry sauce like it was a piece of pie. That kid confounds me with everything he does. I love your list. There are so many things that have changed for me as well with how I view them and think of them. I love you guys so much! Thanks for such an awesome Thanksgiving. It was nice to be together, and talk and laugh about Micheal.

Marcus said...

Very funny!! Like the comment about driving up in one day. Luv ya. We missed Josh's famous chocolate pie and playing Bonanaza. Kennet cracks me up. I can't believe he ate that stuff plain. Only Kennet.

Lots of Love,
Annie :)

Renae Williams said...

Thanksgiving was great! Josh can cook up a storm. I'm telling you he's destined to be a chef someday. Thanks for having us for dinner. We love you and wish we were all closer in distance.