Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Grandma Beth's Funeral

My Grandma Beth, who is my Dad's mother, passed away on Sunday, November 29th. She was in a home in Bountiful. She was getting worse and worse. We knew the day was coming soon, then again we had thought that for the last 5 years. Here are all of my dad's siblings.


Her funeral was on Thursday, December 3rd. It was a beautiful yet VERY cold day.


Grandma was laid to rest in the Wellsville cemetery next to her husband who passed away about 20 years ago, Virgil Archibald.


Dad's siblings again. Todd, Craig, Claud, Leslie, Lori, JuLee and Claudia. Yes, my dad is a twin. We'll see if that gets passed down somewhere in the genetics.


The Williams and Barker cousins.


Chloee had a blast hanging out with my mom. We really don't see each other that often so it's nice when we all get together, even if it is for such an occasion as a funeral.

My Grandma Beth had an accident back in the early 1970's which was followed by her having brain surgeries. After all of the surgeries she never was the same woman that she was before. I never knew the nice, sweet grandma. Sitting at her funeral and listening to the stories about her made me feel like I didn't even know who they were talking about.

I was never close to her due to the fact that she was never nice to me and I knew that she wasn't always like that but it's hard to see anything different when that's all you've ever known. It was really nice closure to sit there and listen to the kind of woman she was before the accident. She was an extremely hard worker who would do anything for anyone, she was sweet, clean, an excellent cook, an incredible Mother and a very unselfish person. Knowing that I can meet THAT grandma again someday, brings a smile to my face!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt that way at my Grandma's funeral also. I grew up knowing her as a sweet, fun grandma. She got alzhtimers toward the end of her life and became very mean, yelled, screamed and swore at others. I just can't get that image out of my head....although I knew it wasn't really her or her personality.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

I'm sorry for your loss. That's good that you got to learn more about the real her.

Amy and Micheal said...

What a beautiful post to Grandma. It was so great to hear all the things she had done in her life and what she was like before her illnesses. I'm quite excited to see her on the other side.

Amy and Micheal said...

Along with someone else I know!