Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Wisdom Teeth

I don't look miserable, do I? Yes, yes, I was very, very miserable. I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out last Thursday, the 10th. It was awful, to say the least. This picture was taken on the 3rd day. The doctor told me that would be the worst day and that the swelling would be awful. It was just that. I ran a fever, I was throwing up and bleeding. Thank heavens for Lortab and Ibuprofen.

Josh told me that I looked like Halle because of how fat my cheeks were. He doesn't skip a beat, does he? Well, no dry sockets yet. I'm hoping it stays that way.

Anyone ever wonder why they're called wisdom teeth anyway? It's not like you loose wisdom when they are taken out or anything.... WEIRD!!! Karen, maybe you could ask your hubby about the stupid name for those teeth. Could you get back to me on that?

6 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm so sorry your mouth has been in so much pain. You poor thing. I hope that mine never end up causing any problems for me. But should they ever, it's nice to know I can talk to a veteran. Annie too, since she had the dry sockets. I'm seriously shuddering just thinking about it!

Anonymous said...

Man, I feel your pain, but I only got one of my wisdom teeth taken out, so I probably didn't have as much pain as you're experiencing. I hated the all liquid diet.....
I meant that I could just keep my shrunken sweater and one day Melanie can wear it, but it is huge for her size right now and I don't want to keep it in storage forever, so the D.I. will be the perfect place to send it. Does that make sense?

The Over Family said...

Ouch!! I hope that you get over the pain of it all really soon! I had mine out when I was 14...I was pretty sick too. But it is a million times more difficult, I'm sure, when you are a Mom and you have to take care of two little ones WHILE feeling miserable! I hope you feel better soon!

Sandstone Writings said...

Oh, how sad to have to do that just before Christmas! Hope you feel well VERY soon.

The Johnson's said...

Oh boy, you look miserable (sorry!). I had mine out when I was in high school and don't remember it being that bad. My dad is an Oral Surgeon though and he took mine out--everything went smooth, here's hoping yours gets better rather than worse.

Karen said...

Oh Kim! You really do look like you want to punch someone. Although, I can't lie, it makes me want to squeeze your cheeks together and say "Oh you are sooo cute!"

As for why their called wisdom teeth, Z says it's because they generally come in at a later age when a person should have gained some wisdom. Although I never personally felt any smarter.

I hope you feel much better soon!!