Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I Need To Clarify

On a previous post of mine, called "50 Things About Me", I got a lot of people apologizing about #49. I need to clarify this statement.

"49. Everyone calls me Kim but I always introduce and refer to myself as Kimberlee, never Kim. I don't care to be called Kim, just weird."

I didn't say that I hate to be called Kim. I think I worded that wrong. I said, "I don't care to be called Kim" when I should have wrote, "I don't care if people call me Kim". It comes across like I don't care for the name Kim. I was just stating that I always refer to myself as Kimberlee, always have and people call me Kim. It's always, "Josh and Kim are coming over" or something else.

I don't want anyone who already calls me Kim to change to Kimberlee. I think the only person who calls me Kimberlee and never Kim, is Josh. My Mom usually says Kimberlee but calls me Kim as well.

I shorten everyone's names. My mother-in-law, I shorten from Kathy, to Kath. Yeah, how lazy am I? Everyone shortens people's names and Kim is just fine for mine. I don't want anyone thinking that I was saying that I hate the name Kim, just funny how every name gets shortened. When I went to pick up some medication at the pharmacy, I know I filled all the stuff out as Kimberlee and the bottle just said, "Kim" on it.

In short, but not so short. I don't mind being called Kim at all and please don't change it to Kimberlee if you've been calling me Kim. It's weird. I feel bad that so many people wrote me emails and left comments apologizing about calling me Kim.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, Kim it is :) I don't know if when we met you introduced your self as Kim, but that is how I've always known you :) I do think Kimberlee is a pretty name though!

Sandstone Writings said...

Since I have a daughter Kimberly, I love the name. And two e's at the end fits you perfectly, in my opinion!

Amy and Micheal said...

I call you Bim, so I guess I'm in a class all on my own!

Heather said...

I LOVE that you put included the name stuff. When I first met you I noticed that referred to yourself as Kimberlee and told Jake that is what we should call you. Don't know how good we were with that . . . Anyway, love the fun facts about you! :-)