Thursday, April 22, 2010

When Lightning Strikes

I meant to put this post up yesterday. Tuesday night was the worst thunder and lightning storm I have ever experienced. First, let me just say that I absolutely HATE thunder and lightning. It makes Josh sleep deeper, he thinks it's soothing. Go figure that one out.

It started at about 3 am. It woke me up when the thunder cracked right above our house. It actually rattled the house a bit and my neighbor said the same thing. The thunder and lightning were simultaneous so I knew it was right above us. It didn't stop the rest of the night. There I am in bed, curled up to Josh, crying like a baby and he's sound asleep, just snoring away.

There were car alarms going off, police sirens and fire trucks all night. It must have started a fire, but I still don't know where. It started out with no rain or anything, which was weird. I went to look out the window and just has I lifted the blinds up, a bolt of lighting hit and lit up everything, it freaked me out and I started to scream. What are the chances?

Around 6 am it was still going like crazy but had been able to doze off for a bit, I woke up and Josh had left for work. I was freaking out! I am such a wuss, I went in and grabbed Chloee when we had this conversation:

Me: "Chloee will you come in my bed and lay by me?"

Chloee: "But I'm warm!"

Me: "Please, Mommy is scared and I need you to protect me!"

We move into my bed at this point.

Chloee: "Why are you scared Mommy?"

Me: "I just don't like the thunder and lightning."

Chloee: (as she pats my head and speaks to me in a tone that you speak to your child in when they are scared) "Oh, it's going to be alright, don't you worry!"

Talk about a total pride hit! Oh well!

Later on in the day at about noon, lightning hit a transformer in Layton and knocked out a lot of power. Luckily, we weren't one of them but my friend that lives in Clinton lost her power. She came and hung out with us for a little bit of it and it wasn't expected to come back on until around 6 pm sometime.

What is going on with this CRAZY Utah weather?
It's almost May for crying out loud!!!

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I'm sorry that they scare you. But I'm kind of like Josh in that I could sleep right through them, but I don't because I LOVE to listen to them. They are so fascinating to me! Yeah, I'm a freak. That is something Micheal and I would always do, wake up in the middle of a thunderstorm and listen to it. Then we'd chat till we fell back asleep. Although, I must say that some of the snow that came with our storm was most unwelcome!