Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

I spent all day Saturday down in American Fork. I was doing some pictures for a wedding and then some of a new little baby. Let's just say that me and the girls did not get home until midnight.

When I came home, Josh told me that is was "Mother's Day" seeing as how it was past midnight and this was sitting on my nightstand. He's such a sweetie!

Because I am so unobservant, he had to point out to me that he had a present sitting on my dresser. It was one of those signs I love to put up all over the house.


This morning Josh made the most amazing breakfast! I LOVE the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit from McDonald's. I know, really fattening but I love them. He made the biscuits, yes from scratch and everything. The bacon was that really thick, yummy sliced bacon and he even got what he calls, "the fake cheese" just like McDonald's does. You know, the Velveeta singles.
They were so divine!!!

We also had some of my favorite juice to complete the meal.


Chloee came home with this from Primary. She told me that she made that flower and that we better put it in some water before it dies. They also did this questionnaire about their mothers. It is really cute. The kids fill in the blank on the sentence about their mom. Obviously, the teacher had to write Chloee's seeing as how she can't write words other than her and Halle's names. The questionnaire says this: (Chloee's responses are in the purple)

My Mom's name is Kimberlee.
My Mom is just this tall.
My Mom has black hair.
My Mom's eyes are green.
My Mom is really good at doing dishes.
If I could buy anything for my Mom, I would buy her earrings.
My Mom is funny when she cleans the kitchen.
My Mom always says that I do a good job.
My Mom loves to do dishes.
I know my Mom loves me because my dad and mom tells me they love me.
My Mom's favorite thing to wear is pink.
I love it when my Mom makes soup.
My Mom doesn't like it when I mess her room.
I love my Mom because she is my mom.


I love chicken cordon bleu. It is probably my favorite dish of all time. Well, he makes the best pies, so why not combine the two. He made chicken cordon bleu pot pie. It is to die for!


Josh then gave me some more presents tonight. He knows I'm always looking for "pick me up" books and these 2 look perfect.


Chloee gave me these lists and highlighter. I am an incessant list maker, yes, just like Amy, but not as bad. Chloee is also a list maker and this was the perfect gift from her. I also needed a new highlighter for my scriptures.


Halle gave me this adorable book. She handed it to me and then proceeded to show me the pages, point and I think she really thought she was reading the book.

To sum it up, I was treated like an absolute queen today! I am so grateful for my sweet husband and my 2 little girls who mean everything to me.

I haven't forgotten about the mothers in my life. I'm going to do a post on that tomorrow.

5 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

What a great Mother's day for you!! I'm so glad you were treated like a queen! Josh is so fantastic in the kitchen. Mmmmm, that chicken cordon bleu pie is so mouthwatering just on the computer! You are a fabulous mother and wife! I love the rose for you and that saying on your dresser! So cute!

Oh, and I LOVE your new picture at the top of your blog! Little Halle's flip flops are adorable! What a good idea!

Bob and Marie said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day. I'm glad to hear you love to do dishes so much. You can come over anytime! You have such an amazing little family! Can't wait to see you on sunday!

Anonymous said...

I also have a book by Pamela H. Hansen called "Running With Angels" it is so good! I love true life, inspiring stories. Do you know if this book is a sequel to that one? I will have to look into it :)

The Over Family said...

Wow -- that chicken cordon bleu looks AMAZING. If you have a second sometime in the future, would you mind posting the recipe? Unless your husband is like mine and NEVER uses recipes. :) I'm glad that you had such a great Mother's Day! Oh, and that questionnaire that Chloee answered is hilarious. Apparently you spend a lot of time in the kitchen doing the dishes! :)

Heather said...

So tender! You are sooo LOVED!

P.S. Love the new masthead -- it's so creative . . . just like you!