Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Park, A Razor Blade & A Tetanus Shot...

What do these 3 things have in common? Hmmm.... Well, they pretty much sum up my day a couple of weeks ago.

I had just taken a cake to the church for a funeral. As I was driving home, I thought, "I think I'll go take the girls to the park. It's nice and sunny outside. Hey, let's even go get Chloee's friend, Trevor and have him come with us."

We are at the park for about 5 minutes, no joke, when I run back to the car to get something. On my way back, something flips up from the grass and goes right underneath my big toe, between my flip flop. I felt something cut me. I kept walking, then saw the blood gushing out of my toe, turned around and it was a RAZOR BLADE. Yes, a razor blade in the park! I packed the kids up, try to stop the bleeding and head home.

My mom made a good point about the fact that I was overdue for a tetanus shot. I called the doc, he said I definitely needed to come in and get one. My arm hurt for days. That's just my kind of luck, we go to the park for some good old vitamin D and I have to get a shot! Figures.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Only you. Seriously, I keep wondering what else could happen and then stop dead in my tracks because if I think it, it may just happen.