Friday, October 8, 2010

Amy's Latest

I realized I have so many drafts of posts that have to do with Amy, so I decided to just do one big post of Amy's latest happenings. Enjoy!

THE TOU MARATHON
This is Bruce. He is an ongoing joke who gets passed from house to house in secret between my mom's, Amy's and my own house. He shows up at the most inconvenient times, in your freezer, the mail, your bed, you name it, he's there. My mom was very clever and decided to have him at the marathon, waiting for Amy.


These are at miles 22 and 24.


Mile 25 and going strong. Check out those legs.


Going in for a hard finish.


Seriously, who looks like this right after they finish a marathon? My head would still be stuck in the disgusting garbage can that was already full of puke.


Of course, Hals got passed over the corral gate to Amy because she was having a fit seeing Amy and not being in her arms.


The families there to cheer Amy on.


Ames, I'm so proud of you. Although you didn't train like you did last year, you still finished and it was still in an incredible time. You're in a completely different place this year from where you were last year when you ran it for Micheal. I still can't believe that you promised yourself that if Micheal did die, that you'd run a marathon every year on behalf of him. You amaze me and congrats!


LAGOON
Kai loves "The Bat". Here is both Amy and I going on it with him separately.

Amy was a dear and came up to spend the weekend with me over General Conference. Josh went hunting with my Dad in Cache Valley, so we hit Lagoon.

Yeah, Kennet took the brunt of Rattlesnake Rapids.


In the words of Amy, "You lookn' at me, punk?"


This girl LOVES makeup. Yes that is Amy's Mary Kay lip gloss all over hear cheek. Her aim isn't so great.


I was trying to get a picture of Amy, Kai and Chloee on The Scrambler. While I was doing this was when Halle decided to smear Amy's lip gloss all over her face.


Frightmares was going on. The kids loved all of the cool stuff they got to see and all the candy they got to eat.


Magic sprinkles to make your wishes come true. Yeah, that didn't come out until about the fourth wash.


Halle loved this dog and Kai thought it was real and he was quite concerned that it was staring at him.


All 4 of them on the same ride. Unheard of.


The Train. Of course my child is not cooperating.


AMY'S 29th BIRTHDAY
The "sistahs".

Yeah, we're freaks... you got a problem with that? I didn't think so.

Amy came up to our house and all 3 of us went out to go see Inception. It was myself and Josh's 2nd time. We really wanted Amy to see it. I got a babysitter for all 4 kids and we were off. The movie is 2 hrs 45 mins, so from the time we left and got home, it was about 4 hours. You could tell the babysitter was tired.

On our way out of the movie, Josh got bullseyed by a bird. Yep, that's poop. That was hilarious. The ride home was fun too, as we talked about Freddy Kruger, plastic surgeons, SCREAM 47 and many other things that made me almost pee my pants.


"Happy Birthday To You!"

I told her to wish for something she could actually have but I'm not sure she listened to me. If I were her, I'd wish for whatever the hell I wanted to wish for anyway.


My mother and her incredible talents. Remember Bruce from the marathon? Here he is again to haunt Amy. My mom did such an amazing job.


FALL BREAK
Amy came up during Fall Break and helped me clean my house to get it ready to be put on the market. She is such a dear, always helping and giving. I really appreciated her doing that for me. The kids got some fun out of it. Josh did airplane with all of the kids. That is Kennet, Chloee and then Kai.


Or hey, why not two at a time?


Or better yet, why not the adults? Yes, I think we were a little high on something when we were doing this.

Amy got this great game called, Likewise, from Mark and Jess for her birthday. She brought it over and we loved it. One card is the description and the other is the subject and you have to write down what you think it is or what you think everyone else will write down. In this case, we did some of the drawing ones and we laughed so hard, we had to take pictures.

A SILLY PIECE OF FURNITURE
Amy's (it's a long story).

Mine and yes, I can't draw.


A WEIRD TOY
Josh drew a beat up Sponge Bob Square Pants.


A ROMANTIC THING IN A CAR
Amy's drawing. The others were too explicit to be putting on the blog but I didn't take a picture of them anyway. Amy's was by far the most funny.


A DEVILISH VILLIAN
Amy's. Yes that does say, "drugged up Maleficent".

Mine. Yeah, I couldn't really remember what she looked like but I did know that she was Micheal's favorite villian so I knew Amy would write her down.

A lot of laughing happened that night and I know I went to bed with a headache, other than that, I can't remember a lot about it. No, we weren't on drugs or drunk but from the way I'm blogging about this, you'd think we were.

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

There really isn't much I can say other than I love you guys! Thanks for all you did for the marathon, playing games (with awful but oh so funny art drawings) airplane rides, movie outings, birthday fun, I could go on and on. I thought that Likewise game was going to kill me I was laughing so hard! We need to play that more often!