Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hubby Tag

What is his name? Josh, Daddy, J dawg, menasie-ase-a-twasie and Chloee's slave.

How long have you been together? 6 years this July.

How long did you date? For a year before we were married.

How old is he? Will be 27 in April.

Who eats more? Josh, all the way. I like to call him my human garbage disposal.

Who said I love you first? Josh.

Who is taller? Josh. We are a whole foot apart. I'm only 5' and he is 6'.

Who is smarter? Hello, Josh on this one too! He's an engineer for crying out loud, I can't beat that! I remember looking at his homework when he was in school and thinking, "That doesn't even look like ENGLISH"!

Who does the dishes? I do usually just because I am home and sick of looking at them. Josh is ALWAYS great to help.

Who does the laundry? Before I had Chloee, I, embarrassingly have to admit, Josh. The last 2 years that I have been staying home, me all the way.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do, I have to. Every time we move, I have to sleep on the same side of the bed, I can't sleep on the left.

Who pays the bills? I do. We have always thought it is good for the spouse who isn't working to do the bills, then the one who is working doesn't feel like it's "their" money. Josh has never been that way and plus Josh has a million other things to worry about. I've got a system that works great!

Who mows the lawn? Me. I love to mow the lawn. Always have since I was little.

Who cooks dinner? Whoever isn't lazy that day. Josh is an AMAZING cook but I'd say we both do an equal share. Ok, maybe Josh wins by a little smidge.

Who drives when you're together? When Josh was still commuting, I ALWAYS drove, you can't blame him and I didn't mind. Now, it's probably 50/50.

Who is more stubborn? Everyone that knows us, KNOWS that is ME! Josh is a total peace maker, not such a great thing all the time though.

1st to admit when wrong? Josh. I honestly have the hardest time saying I'm sorry or admitting I'm wrong. It is a sickness really, I HATE saying I'm sorry because then I'm admitting I was wrong. I know you are thinking I'm a bad person right now but refer to the previous question. Josh is so good about that, I can learn a lot from him.

Whose parents do you see most? When we lived in Cache Valley, I'd say my parents. Actually, since we have moved I've seen Josh's mom a lot more. So I'd say now that we live in Layton, probably Josh's.

Who has more friends? Friends, what are those? I'd say my friends are his friends and vice versa. So they are "our" friends.

Who kissed who first? LONG STORY... but I kissed Josh first.

Who asked who out first? If you ask Josh, it was I who asked him out. If you ask me, it was totally the other way around. A constant battle at our house.

Who proposed? Josh. It was adorable. He took me on a memory lane scavenger hunt with something at each spot. There are a lot of details but it was beautiful, he put a lot of thought and love into it.

Who has more siblings? Josh definitely does. If you count all of his step brothers and sisters and all of them, it amounts to 23, including Josh.

Who wears the pants? I'd like to say that I wear the underwear and Josh wears the pants. Which one goes on first, has the most protection and is the MOST important? Mine!

I love Josh so much. I can't believe how love can grow. I thought that when I married him I loved him the very most that my body was capable of doing and now I love him even more. I love the incredible husband and father he is. He is loving, forgiving, selfless and most of all I love that he is truly my best friend and that I can tell him ANYTHING. I struck the gold mine with him and I feel like I married way out of my league.

For all of you that don't know Josh that well, he has turned out to be an amazing man considering a lot of his past and trials that he has gone through. He was a man at 10, no longer a boy, he was forced to grow up at a very young age and MANY other extenuating circumstances in his life have proved to me that you can have any kind of life and still turn out better than amazing.

I love you Josh and all you do for me. I am so grateful for your love and compassion. You have helped me become so much of a better person that I hate the one I was 6 years ago before you entered my life. Thank you for sticking with me and pulling me back to the church despite how hard I made it on you. I am forever indebted to you for so many things and for loving me despite all my many faults. Thank You and I love you!

8 comments:

Josh said...

about the underwear:
If you were caught in a snowstorm and could only wear on piece of clothing, would it be underwear or pants...that's what I thought!

Really though she gives me more credit than I will ever deserve. She is the amazing one who will never cease to amaze me with her kindness, love, generosity, and most of all, LOYALTY! I love you Chica and will forever and ever!!!!!

Jenny said...

How sweet Kim :) All those things you said about your husband and him leaving a comment on your blog :) You two look great together!!

Jenny said...

P.S. Feel like typing? I would love to hear a good long story...about you kissing Josh first :) You can e-mail me if you want @ J&JBurbank@plmw.com, I looked in my e-mail address and noticed that I don't have your e-mail address either. Thanks Kim.

Love, Jen :)

Jenny said...

Okay, just one more comment I promise!! That picture of Chloee below is soooo cute!!!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

HAHAH! Love that blog post! So, I am curious about the whole first kiss situation! Do tell!

Amy and Micheal said...

You two are the cutest! I just about died laughing when I read this post, you're so funny! I am so glad you found each other. I can't imagine a better guy for you Kim! "Chloeeee! Come get your sandwicheeee!" Too cute! And even though I know the first kiss story, I would love to hear it again.

Karen said...

Hey Kim! It's Karen (Dickey) Bergeson from high school. I look at your blog all the time, but it never seems to actually be at a time when I can comment. You still look hot as ever and your little girl is A DORABLE. Also, I love her name. I hope I have a Chloee some day. Anyhow, you are also still hilarious. I swear it must be crazy when and Amy get together. You're both nuts!

jake said...

I do not know you quite as well Kim, but Josh is a good man, and a good friend.