Thursday, February 14, 2008

It all started...





My bad day all started when Chloee decided to get up early. Especially since I didn't get my tired behind in bed until around 1 am, 6:00 am came very soon.







Chloee had been screaming every time she would urinate. I was nervous that she had an UTI. She also was running a low-grade fever on and off for a couple of days. I called the doctor's office and OF COURSE it was my doctor's day off. So I agreed to see another one. Appointment at 11 am.





I go out to start the Pathfinder, battery dead. You have got to be kidding me? I tried and tried to start it, no such luck. I had to call Josh and he had to drive from Layton to West Point and pick us up then we went back to Layton for the appt. Yadda, yad, you get the picture.








We get to the doctor's office and they decide that they are going to do a catheter to get some urine so they can test it. Oh, it was not good, I had to leave the room as Josh, a nurse and the doctor held her down and proceeded to put a tube inside my little girl. As she lay there screaming and I was outside the door, I was horrified and in tears listening to my little girl scream at the top of her lungs, for her "mommy". I sobbed and in that moment time stopped and it felt as though the whole world had been put on hold and that I was doomed to experience this torture for the rest of my life.
It was a UTI and they put her on some medication. As I brought her home she screamed as she would grab at her diaper and bawl. She did this for 3 hours straight. I could see this excruciating pain that she was in was not going away so I phoned the doctor. He said some kids are more sensitive from the catheter and that I was in for a rough 4 hours or so. Oh joy!!!



Josh comes home a little after 4 pm in the snow storm. We had to go and get the medication then. So, we pile in the car and get a new battery for the Pathfinder while we are at walmart. Of course we forgot the old one and were then charged the extra $9 until we bring it back in. Arg!!

The prescription was going to be 30 minutes. Another joy. She's screaming in the store and we decide to go home and get the old battery. I went back onto the slippery roads and tried to take care of it all. Oh, of course the line for the prescriptions was so incredibly LONG! I waited 25 minutes just to get the medication, all the while Chloee is at home screaming.

It was a long and very much hated day. I was so physically and emotionally exhausted!


4 comments:

The Over Family said...

Man alive, what an awful day! I can't believe how many bad/crazy days you seem to have! I hope that Chloee gets feeling better soon!

Heather said...

Poor Chloee! What a rough day for mom, too! Why do the nicest people always seem to have the worst days sometimes? I hope she sleeps like a log and tomorrow is better.

Amy and Micheal said...

I guess all that is left for her is what.....chicken pox, small pox and maybe some scarlet fever? Oh poor girl. I wish that her 'protectors' could be there to kiss her better!! Hope that she starts feeling better!

Marcus said...

I'm so sorry Kim. I hope she's feeling better. Oh I just remembered I need to give Sierra the rest of her medicine. She's had an ear ache. Thanks for the reminder. Love Annie. PS all these posts from Marcus are from me I don't have a gmail account.