Wednesday, October 8, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AMY!!!

Today is my dear, sweet sister, Amy's, BIRTHDAY!!! Any of you that look at my blog and know Amy too, please send her a message on her blog, email, phone, whatever you have available to you. As you all know, Micheal is in Iraq, which probably doesn't make this day any easier. To top it all off, her mother-in-law, whom she lives with, had to go out of town at the last minute for medical reasons for her own mother. Now, she has no other "girl" to do her birthday stuff with! Please send a message her way and we can all make it a great day for her!!!

We celebrated Amy's birthday at my parents' house on Sunday night. Of course Chloee has to sit on Amy's lap while she's going to blow her candles out, she just can't not be the center of attention!


She looks like she's Amy's kid in all of these pictures.


As we all sing "Happy Birthday To You..."


I wanted to get one of her blowing the candles out but I was not quick enough to change the setting back to flash. Amy "made her wish" which was pretty lengthy, I can probably hit 10 things she wished for, but no one knows! Yes, those are tears of JOY! Maybe...


As you can see from these last 3 pictures, each of the kids had to blow out the candles again and again. My mom kept lighting a few, Kai got to go, then Kennet and Chloee. When my mom pulled out the matches, Kennet (who is a total pyro) said, "Oh, look, we going to see FIRE".


Nice faces Chlo and Kennet!


The happy family after the candle fiasco was done. Yes, Chloee has now been adopted into Amy's family. When Micheal sees these pictures, he'll wonder why Chloee is in all of them! Thanks Mom, for a wonderful dinner and an awesome DESSERT!!!

Happy Birthday to a wonderful sister! I can't believe you're 27, you old fart! I love you to death and I hope that your birthday is great and that you get to talk to Micheal today!!! Know you are always in our prayers and we think of you often. I LOVE YOU and EnJoY yOuRsElF!!!

3 comments:

The Over Family said...

Loved the "Motherhood Changes" post! And I'm glad that Amy at least got to celebrate her birthday with her side of the family! Oh yeah...sorry I didn't tell you that we were in UT! :) I figured that you didn't live in Logan, so you couldn't visit anyway...right? Maybe in November? :)

Amy and Micheal said...

Thanks so much, Kim! It feels so strange, not having Micheal here, almost like it's any other day. I had a blast up at Mom's and it was so great you guys were able to come up! Will you send those pictures to Micheal for me? He would really love that. You are such a sweet sis, and I'm so grateful for all your love and support! Can't wait for our 24th adventure!

Amy and Micheal said...

And I'm pretty sure that each one of you knew my "secret birthday wish" as the tears rolled down my cheeks and I blew out my 27 flames.