Thursday, January 10, 2008

Doctor Drama

Yesterday in the middle of the night, I woke up with the fun big D. Fun all night long. Josh and Chloee must have had the same virus just 5 days prior. It hit both of them with just the BU (butt urine) as my mother-in-law put it. I had that and the upset stomach that brings the throw up. Luckily Kathy (Josh's mom) and Ty and Rach were here visiting so I had someone here to help me. I know, no fun for them but an ENORMOUS blessing for me.

After not being able to eat anything all day, it just got worse the dry heaving increased and I had to change my clothes a couple of times. I was headed to a doctor appointment that I had previously made for something else. In the event that I wasn't feeling so well, I asked Josh to come with me.

When we got to the doctor's office he wanted to do a blood test, yadde yah.... I do great having my blood drawn, after being pregnant it just doesn't bother me. Josh is a different story. So he was drawing my blood and he only took 3 tubes when all of a sudden I didn't feel so well. My hearing started fading and eyes started shutting and before I knew it, I guess I was out. I came to after being out for probably 30 seconds Josh said and I didn't know where I was and I suddenly had to puke. They lifted me up on the examining table rolled me over and I hurled all over, it was even in my hair, they caught most of it though. I had to lay there and they put cold paper towels on my head. What? I have had 7 tubes taken at one time and walked out of there fine and drove myself home. No biggie! I attribute it to already being super weak from the virus and not eating that it just pushed me over the edge. It was not fun. I actually don't think I have ever passed out before.

Well, there you have it, my doctor drama. It was just one thing after the other. You know locking myself out of the house, being sick, among other things and then to try and drive home from the hospital after that. NIGHTMARE. I am just glad that Kathy was here, I didn't have to take Chloee with me and she played with her and took care of her, fed her, bathed her, put her down for naps and got up with her in the morning. She was a total lifesaver. Oh, and so were Ty and Rachael, who played with her the entire time. I never would have got through it without them.

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Is there any way that our family could PLEASE put a hold on all this hospital-doctor-surgery fiesta fiasco that is going on?!?! I mean this is just crazy! I feel like we are all taking turns at the "What the mofo is going on?" helm. Hope that you are doing better. Seriously, just give me one ring and I will be down there lickety split!!!

Jenny said...

Hey Kim, sorry about all your trouble! I hope you are feeling better! The story about you being locked outside and Chlo inside remeinded me of something similar that happened to me (I'll try to put it in a nutshell here, so my comment isn't forever long), well Seth was probably like 6 months old and he would scream and scream for hours (I had no clue what he needed or what was wrong), and thanks to my not so much patience, I got upset (put him in his crib first) then slammed his bedroom door. Well thanks to the old, old apt. the door was wedged/locked shut (and oddly enough, there was no key hole on the door, to even lock or unlock it). So I ended up calling my uncle who lived a few blocks away, he brought over a ladder and we had to break into Seth's bedroom window, all the while my next door neighbor (right next door!) pulled into his driveway....I had never been so embarrassed!! & what was Seth doing, well, luckily he had fallen asleep! There had never been a better time for a nap. (Guess that was one BIG nutshell huh) sorry!

Jenny said...

It's me again, sorry. Just wondering if you could e-mail me your new address, thanks :)