Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Screaming for Sanity

Ok, not been the best hour, day, week, month, whatever you want to call it for me! I will skip the boring part and give a brief rundown. I am not doing so well with this move. Chloee definitely is not doing well, she NEVER sleeps and is ornery 24-7, thus, so am I. It has been very hard.

It all started when Chloee woke up from her nap at 11 am. I took a nap at the same time because I was so exhausted and I have not felt good lately. I went in her room to find that she had diarrhea. Oh joyous! I was still in my pj's and no bra (I know it was 11 am but cut me some slack here). Anyway so I was taking the dirty diaper out and before I did, I opened the window in the bay so that Chloee could watch me. I run around to the garbage can and I came back to open the door AND IT WAS LOCKED. Anyone who knows me knows that at my house EVERY door is locked all the time. The stupid new locks on the house let you turn the knob even if it is locked so you tend to think that it is unlocked.

In a total panic and at absolute breaking point, I just stood outside SCREAMED and cried in total failure of not knowing what to do. Do I call a locksmith? Oh crap, I don't even have my cell phone! Bawling hysterically at the window, I realized that I couldn't hold my little girl and that I was completely helpless. She started to cry when I was crying so I knew I needed to be strong.

I ran over to my neighbors (whom I don't even know) and in the midst of the crying asked to use their phone. I called Josh at work and told him what was going on and was on his way. I came running back out and she was nowhere to be found. I knocked on the window and she came running. My neighbor brought me a coat and stood outside with me. We tried to keep her at the window until Josh got home but she soon got bored. Oh what a shocker?

She climbed up on the kitchen table's chairs and then to the table and was dancing around on top of the table. I wanted to die. It was absolute horror, she went right to the edge of each corner, all the while staring at me through the window laughing at how I couldn't touch her. Oh, the horror, I almost threw up then and there. You see she can get up on the table but she can't get down. It was so hard, I was in actual hell for the longest 20+ minutes of my life.

Josh showed up and we got in before she decided to nose dive off the table. My stomach was still upset HOURS afterwards and it just wouldn't calm down. That is something I never want to relive.

3 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

That is a scary, but hillarious story! It's like something that only happens in the movies! I am glad that Chloe was fine. Do you still lock all of your doors?..okay, even if you didn't, you probably wouldn't want to admit that on the internet I guess!:)
You and Amy have the best stories ever!!!!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Kim, I am so glad that she was okay, and that you didn't barf in your bushes! What a little monger, I can just envision the dance that she was doing on top of the table, taunting you! Oh what shall we ever do with that silly Chlo?

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

That is such a funny story! Of course I can say that because everything turned out okay!