Monday, January 28, 2008

Grandma to the Rescue

Josh went out of town this last week to Ohio for work and just the day before he left, it all went to pot. On Monday, Chloee was just awful and sick and wouldn't sleep and her cough sounded like it was going into her lungs. We took her in, sick she was alright. She had an awful ear infection, running a fever, RSV and treated her for pneumonia. I wanted to die and of course Josh was going out of town for the rest of the week.

Thanks to my loving mother, I went and spent the time Josh was gone with her. I never could have done it without her. She helped feed, bathe and put Chloee to bed and deal with her NEVER ending fits. I was sick too, so not very much sleep was going on there. She got up one night at 3 am and didn't go back to bed!

The picture above is pretty much what my mom was doing the ENTIRE time we were there. All Chloee wanted was for her "Amama" (which is grandma) to hold her. Poor grandma had to do everything, I couldn't do anything right to that little fatty. Oh well, I was grateful for a break but felt bad for my mom. My mom is so great, she is the only reason I made it through the week to see Josh when he got home. Thanks for everything mom!

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I know we'd all be laying under our tombstones or spending lovely days in a psych ward if it wasn't for Mom!! I LOVE that picture of her and Chloee! Mom never stops giving and never complains. What a great buffer she is, especially when we are hubbyless (a constant state for me)!

I went over early afternoon to chat for a bit and ended up staying till bedtime! And I probably would have just slept there if I had our pj's! We had a lot of fun!

We are so glad that Chloee is getting better!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Gotta love it when kids are sick! I am actually taking Ethan in today cause he has that "seal cough" or "barking cough" yep...I triple bet it's croup! Nasty! I feel so helpless watching him cry and say in the saddest voice, "Maaaaammmmmmmaaaaa" Hope Chloe feels better.
Hey! What part of Ohio did you husband go to? We live in COlumbus you know....:)