Friday, January 25, 2008

The Mommy Survey

My sister, Amy did one of these mommy surveys that are going around on blogs. I thought I'd pass it along but first, you have to check out my sister on her blog. The picture she posted of herself in the hospital with Kai is just something you can't not laugh at. I can say that, she says that about herself. The web address is: www.allefam.blogspot.com

Here I am on my birthday, just 2 days before I had Chloee and only 1 day before I went into labor. I was huge, to say the least!


After the epidural and a million tubes/wires (or whatever) going into me, a lot of which you can't see! I was still very uncomfortable the entire time, she was posterior the entire time and I felt like my tailbone was sitting on a bowling ball.


After a 30 hour labor, oh the relief!


Ok, I know I can't make too much fun of Amy, look at me. When I was dilated to a 9, I just stopped and they had to put me on the pit, hence all the swelling!


After she finally arrived!


1. Age(s)? Almost 20 months

2. Name(s)? Chloee Renae

3. Birthday(s)? 6/3/06

4. Time(s) of birth? 10:46 am

5. How long did labor last? 30 stinking long hours, my epidural had mostly worn off by the time I actually had her.

6. Who was in the room when baby was born? Josh, my mom, the wonderful, Dr. Horsley and a nurse.

7. How long did you push? 2 1/2 hours and they still had to use the forceps to get her out, she was so big (for me and for a first time baby).

8. Weight? 8 lbs. 4 oz.

9. Length? 20 1/2 inches

10. Any hair? A little bit as you can see from the picture.

11. Who does baby look like? We usually hear that she is a good mix of us both!

12. Be honest...how much weight did you gain while pregnant? 50 pounds and it was (and is) everywhere. My sister-in-law, Stacie, makes me want to barf, she had a big tummy with her 2nd baby but it was all baby, no widening hips, no extra weight ANYWHERE. When I went to her house after the baby was just 2 weeks old, she was wearing her JEANS from before the baby. She's so skinny, it just isn't fair!

13. Was baby early or late? 6 days early and I was so glad, my doctor was going out of town over my due date. He was already gone on his vacation before I left the hospital, hence, I think I had so many problems after. Should have had that transfusion.

14. Who drove you home from the hospital? Josh

15. How many baby showers did you have? 2

16. When did baby start sleeping through the night? At 4 months, literally, the night I stopped breast feeding.

17. Did you breastfeed? Only for 4 months. After 3 breast infections, my doctor made me stop, I was happy, never really liked it. I guess it is just for some people and not for others. It didn't help that I had no energy to feed her considering that my hematocryte was so low when I came home from the hospital. When I stopped breast feeding, I finally felt like I had energy to actually get dressed in the morning.

18. Who takes care of your baby/kids the most? Me!

19. When do you want to have another one? Not any time soon!

20. How did you pick the name(s)? We were really into watching Smallville when I was pregnant and we loved the character Chloe. She was so feisty and opinionated (much like ours) so we went with the name but a different spelling. Chloee with the 2 e's is after me like the Kimberlee spelling and her middle name is after my dear, sweet mother, whom I love very much!

21. How did you know when it was time to go to the hospital? Lost my mucus plug at 5 am and on came the contractions!

22. Anyone spend the night with you the first night home? Josh, obviously and my mom. In fact, my mom stayed with me every night for the first 2 weeks. I was so weak and could hardly even feed her myself and then she stayed during the week (Josh had to commute to work the next day) for probably 2 months. She honestly saved me, she was a saint. She would go home when Josh got home and work her job for 3 hours and come back and stay with me. Don't worry, it wasn't bad for Josh, he adores my mom so it wasn't an inconvenience for him. We had a lot of fun nights together. She helped both Josh and I make a smooth(er) transition into parenting with her help. We both are so grateful for all she did and sacrificed for us! Love you mom!

23. Did you cry the first time you held your baby? No, but Josh did, which was neat. As bad as this sounds, I just didn't care, I was so happy to have her finally be out. I was delirious.

24. Where was the baby born? Logan, UT

25. Did you video tape the birth? No, I didn't even use the mirror, I don't want to see that. I do know lots of people that have and love it though, just personal preference.

My little brother, Jordan, left for his mission just 3 days before she was born. That was sad for me but come June, he will get to see a mischievous 2 year old that he's never seen before.

Feel free all you mommies to fill out the survey if you like, it's really fun to reminisce and realize all you did to bring your little one or ones into the world!

4 comments:

The Over Family said...

Holy Cow Kim! I can't believe that you were in labor for 30 whole hours! That is completely insane! I don't blame you for not wanting another kid for a very long time! :) And 4 breast infections! Breast-feeding is really hard as it is...I bet the infections were a lot of fun! :) It's a good thing we have our mothers, right? Oh yeah, I think that Chloee looks like a mini you -- she's adorable!

Heather said...

A thirty hour labor??!! You are amazing! I love reading about the fun(?) memories of having Chloee. She's a lucky little sweetie.

P.S. I can't believe how skinny you are! And even 9 month pregnant, you look slender except for a cute baby bump. :-)

Amy and Micheal said...

You look you could be in a beauty pageant competition in your hospital picture compared to mine! I was so glad when you finally started feeling a better. Such a long labor for that cute little chunk, whom we all love!!! Cute pics Kim, you are a great mommy! I love hearing baby stories! I wonder what Jordan will think when he meets her for the first time?!

Jenny said...

Wow Kim, I had never seen you pregnant, love the pic :) I know what you mean about the LONG labor, although mine was 6 1/2 hours less than yours...wow, 30 hours is a long time. They say you forget everything and I didn't believe it, but after almost 4 1/2 years, you do :)