Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

For Christmas Eve we went up to my parents house. Since before I was born, my dad's side of the family does a Christmas Eve party. They sing songs, Santa comes to visit and have dinner, just to name a few. There's been talk about this being the last year since my grandmother passed away last year. After hearing that, we decided to go for the last year.

My dad is the MC, if you will and you can see who his little helpers were.


Chloee was "Blitzen" in the reindeer song.


My dad tells the story from MEMORY of the Christ child being born from the scriptures. As always, he did a superb job.


Yeah, we look a little drunk in this picture.


This is my dad's twin, Claudia. The little girl in her hands is her granddaughter who is the same age as Halle. Needless to say, they fought all night and Halle was NOT nice. Notice how Claudia is separating them?


The whole family looks a little tipsy. Yeah, I think this was at 10:30 pm.


Oh, Hals being.... well, Hals.


30 seconds later, back to her "I'm so innocent" face.


We all sat on Santa's lap when our name was called.
Santa asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I said, "If you could drug my kids up so they'll sleep, that would be great." Bam, mother of the year award for me.


Halle was so funny. She stood up there waiting for them to call her name and then when they did, she wanted NOTHING to do with them.


I don't really care for what I think he's asking for.


The sistahs, of course I had to have one of these taken.


Halle threw a fit because she didn't want to wait until everyone had their presents and Santa left for her to open hers. Josh whisked her away then she opened it, only to be so happy that it was Max from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.


Yep, you guessed it, Chloee's was The Grinch.

I think we left Cache Valley to come home around 11:00 or so. It was fun to be there for the last year. The girls had a blast. We normally do our own thing for Christmas Eve. We decided to maybe go around to nursing homes and take people blankets we've made. This year, since we were going to my dad's party, I had a grand idea. We went and visited my uncle who is in a nursing home in Logan. It was a fabulous visit. We laughed, we cried and it touched my heart immensely. I think it will be a great new tradition to start with our girls.

2 comments:

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

I love all your pics! So fun! I love how close your whole family is! Makes me miss mine far far away in OHiO!

Thanks for you prayers and thoughts during this tough time in my life.
- JAMIE

Amy and Micheal said...

I loved that Halle was so obstinate about waiting for her gift! That was hilarious!! I loved watching dad up there. He loves getting all the kids involved and having fun. I will miss that on the grander scale, but at least we still get him every year!