Friday, December 10, 2010

Damage Control

Yeah, our tree was leaking. The floor around it was always wet and being the stupid people we are, we just thought that we kept over filling it and it was leaking out the top or something along those lines. No, our 8 year old tree stand evidently had a crack in it. We had to make the move into a new stand, that was... well.. interesting.

For now the tree has a new place for it to sit in the front room, right in the middle of the room, where good old Hals can try to tip it over at all costs.


It is so wet, this whole carpet area is soaking and we're trying to let it air out. We tried the shop-vac, drying it with towels, opening all the vents by it. It is still wet. Arghhh.


Lucky for me, I had just wrapped a bunch of presents yesterday and sat them down on the carpet by the tree but not for long before I realized the carpet was still wet. Their new home is the couch. Yeah, our front room is pretty much out of use for a while. The couches are full of presents, the tree is in the middle of the room and it's pretty much being a catch all for me right now, so it looks like crap. Hope no one stops by. I just won't answer the door at this point.


This is me just having fun with my camera and YES I am supposed to be able to see myself taking the picture in the ball, I wasn't trying to not do it that way.


The girls took a few seconds out of their time trashing the family room for this picture to be taken. I'm assuming they want it to match the front room.

Good job girls!
Mission Accomplished!

1 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh man, that stinks! Nothing like a moldy floor to bring in the holiday season, eh? We do the same thing with out front room, make it a catch all, wonder why it looks like crap all the time... and our tree isn't even in the middle of the floor! I love the ornament photo, by the way! Way cool!