Saturday, April 9, 2011

8 Years Ago Today...

Josh asked me to marry him. It was April 9, 2003. We had a 4 month engagement and were married after a year of dating. We decided to go out and celebrate. We went out to eat at Prairie Schooner in Ogden.


When those onion rings came out, they looked like rattlesnakes.


I am so pathetic, I undid my pants before my meal even came. I was so bloated and needed some more room to eat, so I undid the button on my pants, not enough, had to undo the zipper all the way. Don't worry, my shirt was covering it up. Josh was laughing at me. Nothing less to be expected.


I had never been to Prairie Schooner before. Evidently you have your own little lamp that is adjustable for dim or bright light, because....


You're eating in a covered wagon. It was really a fun atmosphere. It was dark outside the "wagon" and there were stars on the ceiling and stuffed animals all over in the middle.


You can kind of tell what it looked like just outside our wagon.


I am laughing hysterically in this picture for 2 reasons. First, I never could get my pants done up to leave. I tried the best I could to just get the zipper up without having to lay down on the ground, suck in and zip them up. Yep, I walked out of there with my pants undone but my jacket was buttoned up. Second, as Josh was taking this picture he farted so loud, I honestly thought he had sharted. I asked him if he needed to go check his underwear.

Happy 8th engagement day... Any excuse to go out and spend time together is fine by me. Even if we do have to unzip our pants and fart as soon as we leave the restaurant. We are high class, I know.

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh man that place looks awesome!!! I would probably have my pants undone before I even walked into the restaurant. Heck, I would probably just show up in my cheese-stained sweatpants where I didn't have to worry about the zipper, only the seams bustin' on me. I love that picture of your face for reason #2! Josh can shart with the best of them... no not me!

Happy Engagement Anniversary!!!

Alisa and Paul said...

You just rock! Lets be honest. I love how you are real. You always make me smile. Happy engagement anniversary. I hope your actual anniversary is just as romantic!