Saturday, June 7, 2008

Chloee's Birthday Bash

THE PARTY...

We had family over last night for a little get together for Chloee. We had it at the park by our house. It was a lot of fun having everyone get together and laugh. Thanks EVERYONE for helping, cook, clean, bring things, make 101 trips back to our house, you name it... Thanks!

Josh did a great job with this cake. He had really no time and did a wonderful job with what he had to work with. The gel icing to write with wasn't working but hey, it still looks good. Love the Death Star on top. Oh yes, and for those of you who don't know Chloee is OBSESSED with Star Wars, especially Darth Vader.


She is SOOO concentrated when she is opening presents. It is very cute to watch.


Could this picture be any more beautiful? No, not just because of the gorgeous subject in pink. Just kidding. The sunsets down here are so stunning!


THE ACTUAL BIRTHDAY...
Chloee got a bike. She loves the little girlie tassels on the handlebars. Such a girlie girl!


Josh made her this little cake for her to blow out on her birthday. She was so cute trying to get the candles out.


It took about 5 times until we finally got her to dive her face into the cake. After she did, she wanted mommy and daddy to do the same, as you can tell from the next picture....


YUM!


THE ZOO...

Josh took Chloee's birthday off of work and we went to Hogle Zoo. It was so crowded, there had to have been at least 5 elementary schools there. We had fun anyway. This last picture is of us getting ready to take our train ride. I think I did a pretty good job trying to get all of our faces in the picture just from holding the camera in front of our faces. It's a little TOO close but hey, I have short arms.

5 comments:

The Over Family said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun for Chloee's birthday! She is so cute and is looking so old! I love the picture that you took of yourselves on the train ride...

The Family said...

I wanna take her to the zoo! That looks so fun!!! Next time, I'm going to talk you into letting us come.

Sandstone Writings said...

I can't believe you managed to capture all of you in the train ride photo. My arms are pretty long but I still can't do a decent job. Wow! What a beautiful backdrop with that sunset!

The Johnson's said...

Happy Birthday Chloee!! I hope you had a great week with celebrating! The zoo looks so fun! The other day Brynn said to me, "we don't want anymore now that Kimberlee and Chloee moved away"....we miss you and our walks! I go to the gym now so haven't walked outside for months!!

Stacie Peterson said...

Well you forgot to say something about the cool present I gave her that I brought solely to make life harder on Amy! Ha Ha But that cake was awesome and it was so good! Josh is serious about making birthdays special cause there is no way I wouldve made a cake from scratch-you are such a good Dad Josh! (Nice deathstar by the way)