Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Sweet Return

My brother returned home TODAY from his mission in Trujillo, Peru. How sweet it was to see him. There had to have been about 10 missionaries coming home on the exact same flight. Families were swarmed at the bottom of the escalators, anxiously awaiting to see their loved one. Jordan was one of the last ones to come down... of course. I stood there with my dad at the bottom of the escalators waiting to get some good pictures, as soon as I saw Jordan it brought tears to my eyes. Then, only to open the floodgates, when he hugged my dad, his grip was so tight as he swung his arms around him and began to sob. This was extremely emotional. I then got to experience it again as he did the exact same thing to my mom. With tears streaming down my mom, dad and Jordan's faces, you couldn't help but be touched by the calm and sweet spirit that was there. It was one of the best feelings and I only wish I could have shared that moment with everyone. Just for you to be able to have seen the love, emotion and happiness. CONGRATS JORDAN, WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE HOME!


Josh was able to meet up with us for lunch in Layton. We went to Sizzler and laughed pretty much the entire time, listening to Jordan tell stories about dogs, thermal shock, bronchitis and many other things. Thanks mom and dad for doing your "right of passage" as dad called it. It was very nice and greatly appreciated!

Jordan, I am so proud of you and have missed you terribly. I'm so glad you're home and we can joke and laugh about mom smoking "weed". (A total inside joke, not many will get that) I love you so much. Good luck on the new and exciting adventures that await you!

6 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Your photos did tell the story--I even got emotional and I don't even know your brother! I have never been to the airport to pick up someone returning from a mission---what an awesome experience. I will have my turn three times sooner than I think!! Enjoy your brother being home. PS What did Chloee think of him

The Over Family said...

Wow - I can't believe that Jordan is back from his mission already! It's weird seeing him as a young man. He looks so old! I think that the last time I saw him he was in 7th grade or something. Weird! :) Great pictures to capture the moment - as usual! Oh yeah, and I'm glad that you had a great birthday! :)

The Family said...

Wow! Jordan looks all grown up now. What a sweetie. I'm so glad he's home. There's always such a great feeling all around them when they return that lasts weeks. I always want to just be near to feel it. It looked like a sweet reunion. Welcome Home!

The Bowles said...

I'm so glad that your brother has come home! Even though I don't know him...it's so hard when family is away for so long.
AND thank you so much for the kind words about my last blog. I'm so sorry if I offened you in anyway it was such a bad night. Your amazing and I think the world of you and what you have to say. Thank you for being so helfpul!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Those pics are touching! It brought back memories when my little bro came back from his mission!

Krysta said...

Your pictures were so touching. I got teary eyed and I don't even know him. I'm glad he's home and you all can enjoy his company. He's very handsome...I bet he will get snatched up soon and then you can enjoy a sister in law too! :)