Thursday, June 12, 2008

Today's Happenings

Today was definitely one of those days where you know right after you woke up that you should have stayed in bed FOR THE DAY, that is, if you could have. I took Chloee into the doctor today for her 2 year check up. I swear it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for me to get ANYWHERE on time. What will I do when I have more than just one child to get out the door?

When we got to the dr's office, while we were in the waiting room, Chloee decided to announce to everyone, "Mommy, I did poopy!". Great, just then they call us back! She HATES the doctor's office so having to change her there was an utter nightmare. I found out she has THRUSH, AGAIN! I guess from all the stinking antibiotics this chick is on. She has had it 2 other times and the first time it lasted for 3 months. Who can go that long with a yeast infection in their mouth? Luckily, the dr prescribed me this wonderful stuff that makes it go away in 3 days but it STAINS EVERYTHING! Ok, this is starting to be long. She got a shot, not fun, she smacked the nurse and on our way out she told everyone that I pushed her down the stairs, which I have never done, but if I'm going to be accused of it.... just kidding!

I went to Albertsons to get her medicine and while I'm in there she picks up a bag of grapes and dumps them all over the floor, have to buy them now. As I am picking those up, she does the same to a bag of cherries, yep, bought them too! I strapped her in the cart and she was growling at some lady that walked past us and actually grabbed her shirt. What is wrong with my child? Then she started to scream at me and told me, "No, no, no bed, mom!". I guess she knew right where she was going when we got home! I have also decided that some AWFUL person with no kids decided to put the candy at the checkout just at EYE LEVEL to the little chocolate mongers. She just put her hands out and wiped about 8 of them off the shelf. I could have died! I had to haul her out of the store in the football hold while trying to carry my bags of groceries, most of which I hadn't planned on buying.


She loved her band-aid from her shot! Right after we left she wanted to go to daddy's work so that she could show him.


This is a little jump-o-lene that we gave her for her birthday. She loves it. Chandler, she really wants you to come over and play in it with her. Come on, Chan, get your mom's rear end in gear and get here up here.


Here she is after her first dose of the gentian violet. I really am not a bad mom and let my child play outside in just her diaper. She has to take off all her clothes to give this stuff to her, it stains EVERYTHING, including her teeth, the outside of her mouth and I have to wait about 1/2 an hour before I can put her clothes back on or she drools it out her mouth all over everything.


Oh yes, the infamous Barricade and Jazz Transformers. Stacie/Chandler gave her these transformers for her birthday. She has 3 cousins that have them and she wants them too. She took them to the dr today, they pretty much go everywhere with her. She loves them, although she does refer to them as Kennet's Barricade and Kai's Jazz. They love them just as much as she does. At Chloee's bday party, Kennet came unglued because Amy told him the Barricade wasn't his. He also tried to convince her to hide Barricade in Amy's purse and that Chloee would NEVER know it was gone. He is so funny! Thanks Stacie for the sweet gift!


When we were driving home today, Chloee said, "Ouch, mom, Jazz just bit me." I said, "You tell Jazz to be nice." In a total motherly tone she said, "Mom ssss, be nice Jazz!" as she pointed her finger at him, scolding him for his behavior. The ssss means "said". She told him that I said it, you know, so he better shape up. I couldn't help but laugh only to have Jazz thrown at my head seconds later. She had dropped Barricade in the car and I couldn't reach him and I told her she would have to wait so she chucked Jazz at my head and told me NO! Well, that got the car stopped in a hurry and she didn't have EITHER of them. Needless to say we came home and she took a very much NEEDED nap!!!

Oh, and to top everything off, my little brother Matthew, was rushed into emergency surgery to have his appendix out tonight. He just got out about an hour ago, luckily it didn't burst. It was HUGE they said. My dad even wanted Matthew to play in his baseball game tonight because they were short a few kids. Yeah, my mom didn't let that fly, she rushed him in as he was getting worse. You'd think this would FREAK my mom out but she went through the EXACT same thing with me at almost the exact same age. I was 10 though when I had my appendix out. All is well, as of now! Crazy times!

7 comments:

Stacie Peterson said...

FYI I told Chloee to throw Jazz at your head. I'm glad she likes them although it should be Baby Rhyders Jazz and Chandlers barricade! jk That sounds like one of the few days ive had with Chan where I literally didnt even want to look at him for a few hours, Im sure Chan would love to come up and jump on that thing but then Ill have to buy him one. We should come up next week but hopefully youll be here!

Krysta said...

Oh my...what a day!!! I have to admit that I was laughing at little Chloee and all of the things she does. Today she just chose to do ALL OF THEM in one day, right?? Your probably thinking, "That's not all she does!" I can't even imagine! You must have needed a nap too! She reminds me of my Drew. He tries to pull things like that with me too. The only difference is he has older siblings to warn him when mom is going to completely lose it and he better run FAST!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

And I thought I had a rough day! YOUr post made me laugh soo hard! Oh Kim! I love reading your blog!!!
So, I know that Chloee and Ethan are about the same age, and I was just wondering if you have had similar problems with worsened temper tantrums in public, sharing or should I say screaming at kids cause Ethan can't share, and just random screaming at people if he's flustered?! Please tell me it's just not my kid? He's rather pleasant, just not around his cousins? GO figure?! Write me an email if you have any good advice! Thanks! jonjamieandethan@gmail.com

Bob and Marie said...

Oh Kim, I can't believe she used Jazz as a weapon! Your post had me doubling over in tears and laughter. Of course you know how sorry I am that all that happened, but you write in the most hilarious fashion. I can picture it all happening, maybe that's what makes me chuckle so hard! Thanks so much for coming up again yesterday. I am so grateful for your help. And just so you all know, I saw the medicine in action, that stuff is crazy. It looks like Chloee bit the end off a pen and drank the ink! Ha ha!

Amy and Micheal said...

Ignore the above comment, it really is from me, Amy, but I was logged in as Marie.

Oh Kim, I can't believe she used Jazz as a weapon! Your post had me doubling over in tears and laughter. Of course you know how sorry I am that all that happened, but you write in the most hilarious fashion. I can picture it all happening, maybe that's what makes me chuckle so hard! Thanks so much for coming up again yesterday. I am so grateful for your help. And just so you all know, I saw the medicine in action, that stuff is crazy. It looks like Chloee bit the end off a pen and drank the ink! Ha ha!

The Family said...

Didn't I tell you that Gentian Violet its the best! These doctors have to use the latest and greatest, even if it takes forever to work, and then sometimes doesn't even work at all. Sheesh! I'm glad she's doing better and playing nicely with her transformers.

Heather said...

Holy cow-- what a day! You make it all seem so humorous even though I'm sure it was crazy. How do you do it? You are amazing!