Monday, June 2, 2008

SPOILED

I was extremely spoiled this last weekend. My birthday was on June 1st, of course, a Sunday, so Josh and I celebrated it on Saturday. Kathy watched little tootsie while we went to see Indiana Jones and went out to eat at Johnny Carino's. I love Italian food more than anything. We had fun having it just be the two of us. Thanks Kathy and Rachael, for that matter, for taking care of Chloee so that we could have a fun night out.

Josh let me sleep in on Saturday morning. He made me breakfast. I love bacon, egg & cheese biscuits from McDonald's, so Josh made me some. The biscuits were from scratch, YUMMY! We had bacon, hash browns, strawberries, Orange Julius. Oh, it was divine. He is so sweet, he spoils me rotten and I will be the first to admit that. Thanks Josh AND Chloee for making a wonderful birthday!


We went up to my parents' house on Sunday to celebrate. My mom made me one of my favorite dishes. Chicken Cream Puffs, they were delicious. Thanks mom! Here is Chloee on the ride up to Logan.


One of the funnest things to look forward to on your birthday is what kind of cake mom will make you. It is so fun and she is so incredibly talented and creative. I thought she did a fine job of this cute camera cake she made for me!


Yes, I got them all out... with a little help from Kai.


Why not stuff your face?


My parents got this new tramp a few weeks ago. The kids LOVE it and that is an understatement. It's nice to have them fenced in.


Okay, so maybe the adults LOVE it too. Amy and I reminisced a lot last night on the tramp. Amy used to bounce me so high, it was way above the rough line of the house. I remember going so high once and landing on the springs and when it pinched me, it actually took skin off my legs. We also bounced Josh but no pictures to prove how funny that was.


Grandma and the kiddos. They love snuggling up to grandma on the back porch, watching their parents make fools out of themselves.

Mom, thank you so much for all that you did to make my birthday so wonderful and thank you for the sweet gifts too. I love you so much and I am so appreciative of all the hard work and love that goes into all our birthdays every year. I love you!

Josh, my birthday would be nothing without you. Thanks for always putting up with my, "It's my birthday, I should be able to get away with anything" syndrome. I love you and thank you for making it so great.

Kathy, thanks for making my birthday great by watching Chloee. Thank you also for your sweet gift and wonderful card. I read it often. I love the item you picked out yourself, I couldn't have done a better job myself. It is exactly what I would have picked and I really appreciate that.

Thanks to everyone that did so much to make my birthday so great!

Now we get to celebrate Chloee's birthday tomorrow! I think she will be so much fun this year!

12 comments:

The Johnson's said...

I'm glad you were spoiled! It sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope Chloee's birthday bash is just as fun!

Renae Williams said...

I'm glad that you had a great birthday Kimberlee. It was a pleasure to make dinner and a cake for you sweetie. You deserve to be spoiled and I just have to second the motion that Josh is a terrific cook. I have learned so much from him and really appreciate the fact that he shares cooking secrets with me. Can't wait for Chloee's birthday!

Stacie Peterson said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you convinced my mom not to invite me over while you were there saturday ya jerk! that cake is freaking awesome and I bet it tasted so good since your mom made it. Who knew she was so creative?

The Family said...

I knew Renae was incredibly creative! How would it be - a cute cake that tasted soooo good, knowing your mom.

I'm glad you had a great birthday! You deserve it. I'm proud of Josh for always putting in so much time and effort to make things special.

Love you all!

Jen said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was a great weekend--good for you. And Happy Birthday to Miss Chloee. I can't believe she's two. Give her a hug from us. P.S. That cake your mom made is great. I've been checking out your photo blog--your pictures are amazing. Talent must run in the family!

Krysta said...

Happy Birthday! I LOVE the Nikon cake...how cute and creative is that!?! I love how much fun you guys always have. I'm glad that Josh spoiled you on your special day...it's awesome to have a husband like that!

Bob and Marie said...

Happy Birthday Kim! I'm glad it was a good one! It's nice to have a day out of the year where you can be spoiled. You deserve it!! and Happy birthday to Chloee!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had a GREAT b-day :) How fun to have your b-days (you & Chlo) right next to each other. I bet when she was born it was a wonderful b-day present for you!!

Sandstone Writings said...

Belated Happy Birthday to the Adams Women! Wow! That Nikon cake was somthing!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

happy Belated b-day kim! WOW! YOur mom is super creative! Please tell me that she formed that camera cake out of some book and not just "free hand"!? She is amazing!
You are a great friend and mother! I love your blog and I am glad that you were spoiled for your b-day! You deserve it!

The Bowles said...

Sorry this is late...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! It was so nice seeing you at dad and Kathy's I hope you had a great day...It looked like you did! That cake was so awesome! She's very creative!!

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to see you had so much fun!