Sunday, June 22, 2008

Scout Camp Survivor

Yes, Josh survived Scout Camp. Whaoooh!!! Just kidding, he actually had a lot of fun with the boys. He did just get put in a little over a month ago as the Assistant Scout Master but the actual Scoutmaster was on vacation during this. Nice timing, I'd say. So, Josh headed everything up and they had a blast.

The scouts named this squirrel, Burrito. Evidently, this squirrel actually ran off with one of the kids' burrito. This little guy also ripped a zipper off of another kids bag and put a hole in it trying to get to his trail mix.



Chloee anxiously awaited the arrival of Josh. I bought this shirt for her the day before so that she could wear it on Saturday when Josh came home. I thought it suited her well, considering it is VERY true!


We went out to dinner Saturday night as a family to celebrate the return of the very much missed man in our lives. We ate at Chili's (thanks Amy) until we were so stuffed, I actually thought I was going to throw it all up on the way out. We love Chili's so much, maybe a little TOO much!

Well, I survived the week. Luckily, Amy came and stayed with me. It was nice to have someone else who was husbandless around. Yes, I know, she is husbandless for A LOT longer than I was, but it was nice not to feel like I was being an imposition on anyone or their spouse or family, because we were in the same boat. We did break it up for a day and spent one night at my mom's, which was fun, I will post something about that later!

I just wanted to say to Josh that I am so proud of him for just jumping in and getting to know his scouts and for having fun with them. Thanks Mom and Dad for that great gift you gave Josh, you will never know how much that meant to him... and me. In your words, "from scouter to scouter", we thank you for your generosity, thoughtfulness and love!

3 comments:

The Family said...

That little Chlo is way too smart for her own good! She does have Daddy wrapped around her finger. It's fun to see that you had a lot of fun while Josh was gone. You seem to know how. Loved the pic of Chlo with her babies.

I'm proud of Josh, too, for making scout camp a success. He's such a good boy, isn't he? Loved the pics and everything!

The Over Family said...

That's great that Josh had such a great time at Scout Camp. He probably loved it. I know my Dad, at least, LOVES scout camp. He has held a calling with the scouts ever since I was 8 years old! I love the pictures of you and Chloee, especially the one when she was kissing you on the cheek. That's cool that Amy got to stay with you for a while!

Amy and Micheal said...

It was so much fun to stay with you! It was good company to be with someone in the same boat, although I'm sorry you missed your Joshee so much! I loved hearing all his stories when he got home, they were hilarious! What a great calling for Josh, although he's good at everything he does!