Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Home Evening

This Family Home Evening actually took place last Monday. We did finger paints and play-doh. Chloee has been asking for weeks to do the finger paints and she got some new fun play-doh things for Christmas. Of course I had to strip her down to her nothings, anyone that knows this little girl, knows how accident prone she is and that everything would have inevitably ruined her clothes.

She is so cute in her skibbies. Is that even a word?


This is one of the finger paints we did. Obviously the green is Josh, red is me and yellow is Chloee. I tried to come up with a way to do a tiny one for the baby, but had no such luck.


I made this adorable snowman out of play-doh. Then of course, Josh, being who he is, decided to completely outdo me and made this...

Serious? Who thinks to make their snowman a dog, with a leash and all? He also did a baseball cap backwards on his.

You needed to see a better picture of this dog. I think he's rather cute!

The Mr. and Mrs. together. Notice that I stand taller than Josh, ha!

Josh hurried and made this little one for Chloee. This way we could have a family picture. Aren't we so cute together? I thought so.

It was a really fun night. We then had ice cream after and had to give Chloee a really good bath. Last night for Family Night we went and picked out something to bring the baby home from the hospital in. Chloee is a girl through and through. She loves to shop. She will pick things up off the racks and hold them up to her and say, "Oh, mom, look how cute this is!". She is so much fun. The new thing she constantly says is, "Mom, will you go have that baby in the Hospital so I can go stay with Grandma? I want to go to Grandma's house, can you go to the doctor?" Nice to know you're loved!

8 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I am dying laughing at your cute little play-doh snowman family! They are so cute! I still can't belive that Josh put that little dog together, he is so hilarious!

Chloee kills me with her love of shopping. You'll have to show me what she picked out.

Skibbies is totally a word in my book. I knew exactly what you meant!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

The little play-doh figures are adorable! What a fun family home evening idea!!!!
Love the new glasses! You look great! I need some new glasses! Mine are kinda old timer looking ones, even though I find myself in the late twenties now, that's no excuse!
OKAY! Though you say you are short and the baby has no where to go but out,m YOU LOOK SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Love the belly shot! I am so happy that your baby will be here soon!!! Can't wait for the pics to come on the blog! I am soo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you girl!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

The little play-doh figures are adorable! What a fun family home evening idea!!!!
Love the new glasses! You look great! I need some new glasses! Mine are kinda old timer looking ones, even though I find myself in the late twenties now, that's no excuse!
OKAY! Though you say you are short and the baby has no where to go but out,m YOU LOOK SOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! Love the belly shot! I am so happy that your baby will be here soon!!! Can't wait for the pics to come on the blog! I am soo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss you girl!

Jenny said...

Love the play dough fam :) How creative! It makes me laugh about Chloee wanting you to have the baby so she can visit her grandma & grandpa :) Hope all is going well for you with your pregnancy. I was told to enjoy my last few weeks of pregnancy, it's hard, but it was some good advice so I'm doing my best....you too, try to enjoy the time you have w/just Chloee. The baby will be here before you know it & life will be different.

Foster Family said...

I love your Chloee! Rachel loves shopping, too. Sometimes we hop online and look at clothes together. We quite enjoy Children's Place online. Scary. :)
I love the new glasses!

Bob and Marie said...

How fun!! Boy we really need to have FHE more often. The kids get so excited and love it when we do. I don't ever have good ideas like yours though. How very fun! You are such a cute family. Did you find something cute to bring her home in?

Mandy said...

Ilove the play doh people. Very creative! You look great pregnant by the way...adn you're sooo close to being done! :) I posted about that recipe...you should post it adn share! It looks sooo good!

The Family said...

I didn't know you guys were so talented and artistic. That's a way cute idea for FHE.