Saturday, January 31, 2009

We had quite the day...

Wow, where do I start? I can already feel a long post coming on but I will try and keep it to a minimum. Yeah right, I just type and type and when I'm done, I can't believe how much I wrote.

My parents and 2 brothers slept over at our house last night. My little brother Matt had STATE WRESTLING here in Roy, Friday night and then again today. They got here about 10 pm last night. We stayed up talking until about 11:30 pm and went to bed. Matt was eliminated on Friday so he didn't have to wrestle today but my Dad and him went to watch how the rest of the team did. My Mom and Jordan stayed here and we decided to go to the pool here, the one where we take everyone who comes to visit. They had never been there. The problems began there.

We got to the pool around noon. I was changing in the dressing room when all of a sudden I got this horrible pain in my right side, low on my stomach. I told Josh to take Chloee out with Jordan and my mom and I tried to stretch it out. It only got worse. I could barely walk out of the changing room to make it to the pool. I was in so much pain, I couldn't hold back tears and my leg started to go numb. I found my mom, who was talking to me about it and we went to find somewhere for me to sit. The pain was so intense and so sharp, I became very sick. As I sat there on the chair with tears streaming down my face, the lifeguards made their way to me to see if I was alright. My mom went to ask one if there was somewhere I could lie down. I lost all color in my face and I was going to puke. The pain was so awful I became dizzy and passed out. Luckily, my mom was there and caught my head so at least I didn't fall over. Evidently, I wasn't coming to and they couldn't get me to wake up, I really don't remember. I wasn't responding so the lifeguards called 911.

When I could finally open my eyes, I couldn't even see anyone, I could hear but couldn't focus on anything. Finally after a while, I was doing better after one of the lifeguards gave me orange juice to drink. In come the paramedics, I wanted to die. I understand the pool has to do this to cover their behinds, but it was SOOOO embarrassing. They had to ask me if I wanted to leave in an ambulance. What? Of course not! The paramedic talked to me for a little bit and then they suggested that we go to the hospital to make sure everything was alright with the baby.

We left the pool, took my mom, Jordan and Chloee home. Thank heaven my mom was here, I don't know what we would have done. We went to the insta-care who then told us they don't have the fetal heart monitors so they sent us to McKay Dee hospital in Ogden. Mind you that I am STILL in my swimming suit! Oh yes, the shear amount of "white trash" looks I got was unbelievable. Ok, I had a tank top over my top and sweat pants on but you could totally tell I was wearing a swimming suit.

Off to labor & delivery we went. They checked me in and had to undress, the whole 9 yards. Of course, my dr in Logan is OUT OF TOWN! What is with that man always being out of town when I'm going into labor or having a big problem at the end?

We sat in the room for probably over an hour before we saw the on-call doctor. The baby's heartbeat looked good and she seemed to be okay, which was my concern. My vitals were all normal. When I finally saw the doctor, he said the pain could have been a number of things. The pain was exactly where my scar from my appendix is. He said there is probably scar tissue in there and it was being pulled by something else, or I was expanding and it was pulling that scar tissue, which is very painful. She could have been laying on a nerve or I pulled a ligament. I have pulled ligaments before in my stomach and it never hurt that bad. The sharp pain reminded me a lot of when I had my appendix out and the pain was just unbearable.

He decided to check me while I was there. I HATE to be "checked", absolutely hate it and I don't want to start going into labor, MY DR ISN'T EVEN IN TOWN. Luckily, he checked me and no dilation and barely thinned out so that is hopeful. He asked me if I was feeling these contractions he was showing me on the screen. What, those were contractions? Evidently what I thought were braxton hicks contractions ARE actual contractions. The braxton hicks ones are what I thought was when the baby was pushing on something and it hardened around it but that's like nothing compared to what I had the first time around. I have been actually contracting a lot and I never even knew it. Granted, it's not like it feels wonderful but I have super active little ones in my stomach so I figured it was just because they are getting bigger and I have no more room.

After 4 hours or so, from the time of the pool, we came home. I'm so glad my mom was here and that she took care of Chloee, I don't know what we would have done without her. It was such a blessing, even if we didn't get to do anything fun because I passed out and had to go to the hospital. We are very blessed that everything is alright with the little one and myself. I am so drained and tired, I feel like I could sleep for a week.

I'll admit, not such a short post, not at all...

10 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Holy cow, that is certainly quite the day! I'm just so glad that you and the baby are ok! I can't believe all that happened! I swear only you seem to have so much happen all at once, and ALWAYS while your doc is absent! I hope that you are resting right now and kicking your feet up. What a blessing to have Mom there to be able to help! She is amazing! I can't believe that you had to go everywhere in your swimsuit...in January! Please, call me if you need ANYTHING! Love ya!

Jenny said...

Hope you are feeling better soon! That sounds so scary!

Foster Family said...

I'm so glad you and your little one are okay! Seriously, take it easy. :) Darn that Dr. H for taking off when you need him!

Renae Williams said...

I'm so glad that you are ok and doing better. I'll have to admit you gave that poor young lifeguard quite a scare. I don't think I've seen anyone shake so much making a 911 phone call. I'll bet he remembers that day. I'm also glad that we were here to help you, but you know according to dad's comment, maybe we caused it because you wouldn't have gone to the pool otherwise. Take care. Love you.

The Over Family said...

Wow -- what a horrible day! The things that happen to you are so unbelievable sometimes! Although that must have been SO embarrassing, I'm so glad that everything was fine in the end and that you and the baby are okay. I hope that it doesn't happen again! Good luck! :)

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

Oh Kim! I read the whole post! you pooooor poooor girl! That would be so crazy to have to go to the hospital in YOUR SWIMSUIT!
I am glad that you and your baby are doing well! Hang in there girl! YOu only have a few more days left right!

Jen said...

Wow. What a scary day. I hope you are feeling better. Take care!

Karen said...

Putting on a swimsuit always gives me the same reaction. ;) I swear you never catch a break Kim. I'm so glad everything is okay with you and your baby. Girl, you are getting so close. Hang in there. I can't wait to see this princess.

spemberly.blogspot.com said...

Wow, what an adventure. I'm glad you and the baby were okay. I hope you feel great until that baby decides to come!

Krysta said...

How scary! I'm glad you and the baby are fine. Hopefully you won't have anything eventful until the delivery!