Thursday, January 1, 2009

Been Gone Too Long

Although it has only been 1 week since I last posted, a million things seem to have taken place. Of course, Christmas and New Years but so much more. I just wanted to jot down a few things that have been going on.

-We had a great Christmas but a post will come later about that one and the traditions that we do as a family. A New Year post to come as well.

-Josh has been off work since the 22nd of December and does not go back until January 5th. It's been heaven to have him home. We have been doing a major overhaul on some stuff. We are turning our downstairs "play room" into the office and making the office upstairs the baby's room. It is much more work than you would think. We've been making the transition since Monday and I still feel like we have so much to do.

-We were going to paint the baby's room this week but I don't know if it can possibly get done. We might just be able to get the primer done in the room. It is so dark, all tans, deep blue and red, with lots and lots of stripes. No only do we have to apply probably 2 or more coats of primer but we have to sand off all of the lines from the stupid stripes. Blah!

-I have come down with a nasty cold that I think is mutating into the flu. The ONLY bright side to this is that Josh is home to help take care of Chloee as I spend most of my time on the couch or in the bathroom.

-Josh is trying to get Chloee potty trained while he is home. We tried underwear a few days ago, had an accident and we are now doing pull-ups. We set a timer and he has her go every 20 minutes while he's pumping fluids in her. Yeah, I heard that when you are potty training a kid like that, you don't leave the house for a few days and just do the routine for a couple of days. Josh is so great to help me and to do so much while he's home.

3 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

Seriously, let me know if there is anything I can do to help out! I'm so excited to see the baby's room when it's done. That lady must have dreamed about stripes, obsessed over them. They are everywhere.

I hope you guys had fun at your party last night! And I love your photo of the week! Josh is such a sweetie helping out so much. We'll keep our fingers crossed Chloee'll pick up on it soon! She will, she's a smart littl chica!

Bob and Marie said...

I'm glad you're back to posting. A week is too long. :) I hope the potty training goes well. Not fun. We had a hard time with Joshua. I think we finally ended up bribing him with these magic grow capsules..except he started thinking he needed an entire package of them every time he went pee. Yeah..that didn't last long. I hope you get feeling better soon..and I hope you get your baby's room done. You'll have to post some pics when it's done. It's getting closer huh? I'm excited for you!

Jenny said...

good luck w/the potty training. I heard that girls are much easier than boys!!