Monday, January 12, 2009

Grandma's Food

Due to some health related problems my Mom has, she really can't eat very many things. When I say very many, I mean that you can probably count them on 2 hands. Anyway, anytime Chloee is at my Mom's house, she wants to eat whatever my Mom is eating. It's actually really cute. Some of the foods are spaghetti squash and cooked apples (without the "dirt"). Well, the other day she said to me, "Mommy, I want my Grandma food. Oh it's so yummy. Can I have some bagetti squash?" So I called my Mom and got the recipes for the "grandma food".

She seriously will eat an entire bowl of this stuff. I tried it myself. I have actually been eating it when she does. It's pretty good... and healthy.


Here she is, shoveling it in her mouth.


Here are the cooked apples. She loves them too but she asks my Mom to not put any "dirt" on her portion. Dirt is chopped up nuts and some other seasoning my Mom puts on hers.


How could you just not LOVE those big, huge brown eyes? This girl loves the camera!

Thanks Mom, for always sharing your limited amount of foods with my daughter... and what an added bonus that they are HEALTHY foods. You can't do much better than that. I know it really means a lot Chloee, that little bond that you and her have.

***On a totally different note, I wanted to jot down something funny Chloee said today. This morning while we were eating yogurt together she said, "I love my Daddy! He's a nice guy!"

5 comments:

Karen said...

You are so right Kim. Those eyes are to die for. She is such a beautiful little girl. Also, I am salivating just looking at those sticky buns. Thanks for posting the recipe! How are you feeling? You're getting closer every day. I can't wait to see her.

Jenny said...

such cute pictures! It's great Chloee is willing to try new foods. Love all the pics!

Bob and Marie said...

Adorable pictures! I will have to try that spaghetti squash. I've always thought it would be fun to try. I can't believe all the things your mom has to try to avoid. Amy was telling me..I think that would be SO hard.

Amy and Micheal said...

Chloee is so cute eating all Mom's food. She's a great example for healthiness, isn't she? I'm more of an example of cupcake binging. I bet Chloee will grow up to be as talented and creative in photography as you are.

Renae Williams said...

Anytime the little Chloee wants to share my food, she's more than welcome. No one else really wants to try it let alone have their own helping. What a great support for grandma.