Friday, January 16, 2009

Pregnancy Update

I realized the other day that I haven't really put up any pregnancy pics of me. I know that you have all been going through withdrawals of looking at a big, fat pregnant woman, so here I am to give you your fix.

This was taken last week, right before I went to my doctor appointment. I know what you're thinking, "Holy cow, she still has to go 8 weeks, she looks like she's going to pop any moment." You would be absolutely right, I am HUGE!


With only a 5' frame, I am bound to get SUPER MASSIVE. The baby has nowhere to go but out. If this one is anything like Chloee, who was 8 lbs. 4 oz. & 20.5" long, I'm going to probably double in size from this picture. I have very limited space in there. Not all of us can be tall pregnant people who have lots of space in their torso.. hmm... Maren, Kathy.. the list could go on!


That face is so classic AND so Chloee.

Well, I am finally over my nasty cold/flu that hit me for 15 days. I still have a cough at night, I am hoarse and I STILL haven't got any of my hearing back in my left ear. I am successfully deaf in that ear. My OBGYN put me on an antibiotic because he didn't want it to go to pneumonia. Well after trying to get that crap down multiple times and all I did was throw it back up, I was through. Luckily, this stupid virus finally left my body on its own.

I'm measuring a little ahead of schedule. I am really starting to get uncomfortable. Last night I laid in bed for a long time, because that's all I could do. Every time I shift sides, I almost puke and it takes me about 5 minutes to do so. Every part of my stomach aches, on the outside. I feel like my skin is being pulled in every direction, all at the same time. I've been having braxton hicks contractions too. I feel like my back is about to break and I swear this little girl inside me is trying to break her way out from the inside through my ribs.

Somewhere in the 3 week time between doctor appointments, she finally turned so that her head is down. I think I vividly remember that day. I told Josh that something freaky was going on in there, it was so painful and I thought I was going to throw up every time she moved for about 4 hours.

Well, we are at the 2 week appointments now. It's getting really depressing to jump on that scale every time. It is also getting very difficult to pee in that stupid cup! Blah.

We were at a party recently when someone made a comment as soon as they saw me. Mind you, this is NOT someone I had ever met before or knew me in any way. She took one look at me and said, "Woah, looks like someones turkey timer is up, ding!" I should have shot her right there. Besides the fact that I still had 10 weeks to go, who uses such a stupid analogy. I know I'm big, ok, I get it but keep your mouth shut lady... you don't even know me! Just simply ask, how far along I am and do the, "HOLY COW, SHE'S MASSIVE AND STILL HAS AN ETERNITY TO GO" in your head! Thanks.

7 comments:

Bob and Marie said...

I can't believe people. I can't imagine saying something like that to someone I know...much less someone I didn't. You're such a cute pregnant momma. I'm so excited for you. I'm sorry you've been feeling so yucky lately. Those pictures you did for Micheal and Amy are so great. You are really talented Kim~!

Jenny said...

cute pics :) hang in there! Yea my husband's cousin took one look at me back in October (was at Josh's little bros wedding)....."You look ready to pop. When are you due." Me: "Uh, in February." Her eyes bugged out...."Is it TWINS." Me: "No, just one." Yea, that makes you feel great!!

Amy and Micheal said...

You look so incredibly cute in that green shirt. That color is so pretty on you. I can't believe that stupid woman, what a moron. Some people have no tact whatsoever. I'm so glad that you are over your wave of sickness though. I can't believe all that you endure while your pregnant. I think you are the bomb. Just keeping it real! He he!

thejohnmfamily said...

A lady did soemthing like that to me when I was pregnant with the twins, although I had about 20 weeks to go. It was super depressing.

Jen Duke said...

Wow. Someone obviously has no filter. I can't believe she said that! And what a stupid thing to say! I think you look adorable and I'm not just saying that. I'm sorry it's getting so uncomfortable. Hopefully this little girl comes early!

The Family said...

See...all you had to do was cough that baby's head down! What a talent you didn't know you had. Hang in there. You're getting close!

Heather said...

You look beautiful!