Wednesday, May 28, 2008

BIRTHDAY BASH

On Sunday, we had a birthday party for Josh's Mom, Kathy, at our house. Her birthday is actually today. Happy birthday Kathy! Chloee told me that you were coming to visit after we got off the phone this morning. So funny!

The very sick Chlo had to be with her daddy 24-7. No one else could hold or comfort her. Poor thing, threw up Saturday night and was running a temperature of 103. We took her into InstaCare, it was an ear infection.


As part of our present to Kathy, we gave her a big tube of bubbles "for the girl within the woman". The kids loved chasing them around.


Josh made an exquisite birthday cake for his Mom. It was from scratch, yellow cake with two layers being divided up by another layer of chocolate frosting (from scratch as well). We also had homemade ice cream with it! A side note about Josh and cooking, he made one great meal too. The roast, potatoes, gravy, you name, it was amazing. I'd like to say I'm shocked but I'm not! He has a knack for cooking.


Shaun took Kathy for a ride on his shoulders. The second picture doesn't even do the motion justice of him trying to get her out the back door without hitting her head. A special side note: Shaun also gave Tyler a swirly. Yes, you read right, an actual swirly in our toilet. Shaun said it was a long time coming for Ty. I wish I could have seen it!


Someone must always get hurt at family functions. Chan hit his nose on something, it was bleeding. I love this picture, look at his cute little bum hanging out of his shorts. Give the crying, bleeding child to the nurse. It's so nice that Kathy is/was a nurse, she makes it all better.


Look at Rhyder flying in the sky. These are all the natural colors outside when I took this.


It was a blast and we are glad that everyone could make it to be here for Kathy. We all know she loves having all of her kids together. Thanks for helping with everything Kathy, even though it was for your birthday.

We also played a "How well do you know Kathy?" game and Stacie won. It was fun to hear everyone giggle. Grandma Jones also came but is not pictured anywhere. If you want to see even more about this fun party, you can click here to see Stacie's post as well.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATHY!!! Thanks for being such a great Mother. I love you to pieces and thanks for coming and supporting us on Sunday to listen to us give our talks in Sacrament Meeting. Hope you have a good one, even though your hubby is out of town!

5 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

What a fun day! Well not for the Chlo, or you guys dealing with puke and ear infections, but the pictures are all so cute! Chloee's face makes me want to cry, her expression is so sad! How fun that so much family was able to gather together and celebrate. That cake looks so scrumptious, I had to stop myself from licking the screen! Why don't you guys just come up with us to Alaska and we'll employ Josh as the cook, deal? I guess we have to give something in return for it to be a deal, so.....we'll buy him super sweet hot pads! Now there's a steal of a deal alright! Don't pass this one up!

Great pictures Kim, love that one of Rhyder!

Happy Birthday Kathy!

The Family said...

Thanks Kim once again for all of your effort, and for Josh's as well. I had such a great time. Those are great pictures and memories. Josh, you made an amazing meal!!!! Thanks for being so generous so that I could be with everyone. I LOVED the cake! I wish I could have a bowl of that frosting for breakfast. No Alaska, Amy! You can't them away from me. You just need to stay here with all of us! (Really I do hope you have a great adventure there. I'm proud of and thankful for Micheal for his sacrifice.)

Thanks again for everything, Kim. You are always SO thoughtful and put so much effort into special occasions. Love you guys!

Bob and Marie said...

Great pictures Kim! I love reading your blog. How lucky to have a man that is such a great cook. Neither one of us are good cooks. We would settle for one out of the two. I'm sorry Chloe is sick...Poor girl. Hope she gets better soon!

Krysta said...

What a weekend! I'm glad you made it through all of that and ended it with a party!!

Heather said...

Great pictures! It looks like it was so much fund!

P.S. Seriously, that's so cool that Josh is such an awesome cook! You lucked out! :-)