Thursday, May 8, 2008

INSANITY


It has been one of those days. You know one of those where everything seems to go wrong from the moment you wake up. Why is that? Why do those days DRAG and every minute feels as though it has been 3 hours? It is pure torture of time literally standing still!

It must be international bad child day. Everyone I have talked to today has said their kids have been raising hell. What is this, some collaborative holiday formed by our children to push us over the edge of sanity? Of course it is. How could it really be anything else? If we weren't all going through it together, we wouldn't have anyone to complain to about it and have them actually have sympathy because they are going through the exact same thing at that exact same moment.

This is when adult conversation is very much a needed "drug" let's say. You get to the point where you don't even care if it's for the other mom to call and complain about her rotten day, at least they aren't telling you "NO" and dumping chocolate milk all over the floor and smashing mac and cheese into the carpet and hitting and screaming at you. I will gladly take all the complaining, I need to hear it to know that I am not alone and that my child is not the only CRAZY one out there that is trying so desperately to see me in a padded room wearing a nice white jacket with lots of restrictions before I'm 30! I just had to get that off my chest and write it all down.

"The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result." -Albert Einstein Josh constantly says this to or about Chloee.

"Insanity is hereditary. You get it from your kids." My mom shared this very funny quote with me today and it made me laugh, so I thought I'd share it with all the rest of you moms that know what I am talking about. Let's not pretend you don't have these kinds of days, EVERYONE does. Whether you voice it or not, you can't fool me!

6 comments:

The Family said...

Hummm, I've spent hours in a hotel room with the kids today waiting for Gary to return and I have had the same feelings. They were going stir crazy. Yes, I had an insanity day today too. Maybe it is a holiday for them to try and push the limits. Oh well, at least we can take comfort in the fact that we're not alone, huh?

The Johnson's said...

I HATE/HATED when people would tell me "just wait" but if I can--let me just say--JUST WAIT! It doesn't get any better...I would so love to be cleaning up chocolate milk off the floor or mac and cheese in the carpet. It doesn't mean that you don't go insane with little ones, but those insane days will be gone before you know it and you'll be going insane with older kids! (they can talk back louder!) Hang in there--it hasn't been a insane day for me, let's say an insane YEAR!

Sandstone Writings said...

Payday will come. It's just that it is so incredibly far off! When I read this post I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I feel tender both ways. It is hard but with the Lord's help you can do it!

Amy and Micheal said...

Oh Kim, I'm sorry you've had such a rough day. Can I tell you though how much those quotes brightened my day. Mostly because they made sense to me, it made me laugh. You are a fantastic mom and wife, never forget that. I've had my days (especially lately) where I felt I had gone crazy. How in the world could I raise two kids if I couldn't even keep the laundry from molding in the washer? You're a tough cookie, and I'm glad that you vent your awful days instead of bottling it up. And just like you said, EVERYBODY has days like that. I don't know a single one who hasn't. You for sure know I've had my fair share! :) Love ya!

Krysta said...

Oh Kimberlee! You make me laugh!! It was so fun to read that (not that I was laughing at you) but you made the situation funny. Sometimes don't you feel like when you're ready to loose it, you just can't help but laugh at yourself!?! I love the quotes, especially the hereditary one...LOVE IT!! So true! We all have those kind of days and it's refreshing to share them with eachother.

Heather said...

Great quotes! That is so crazy when it is a collective bad day. I hope today is much better!