Friday, May 16, 2008

Our Luck

Well, or DVD player broke yesterday. Amy must be contagious because hers broke just a few days before that. Josh has been wanting a ClearPlay DVD player FOREVER. He has been anxiously waiting for our Sony to die. Well, the day came and as no surprise to us our luck went as follows...

We bought the NEW player at Seagull Book. We get home and there's no remote, no instructions, no filter stick, no nothing but the DVD player. Naturally, we pick this one of ALL the ones that were there. Josh makes a dash back to Seagull (which mind you, isn't that close to our house by any means). He comes home with the new one that DOES have all of the right stuff in it and it's a stupid one. It won't load, it randomly shuts itself off, goes crazy and opens and closes the tray, "Eject, Load, No Disc", it keeps saying. Oh at this point, HE'S FUMING MAD. Josh doesn't get mad very often but when he does, steer clear. If he could have got a hold of the company at 10:30 at night, they would have got an ear full! I just want one that works, kick Clearplay to the curb....


Yesterday, as well, our luck just kept on running. Chloee was standing up on the chair at the table and was trying to play with the blinds, I was upstairs, Josh was downstairs and all of a sudden, BOOM, CRASH... and LOTS of crying. The chair fell down and hit the sliding glass door, she came tumbling behind it. Luckily, the chair took the brunt of the fall and braced her from pretty much cracking her head open. Needless to say, the back of the chair was snapped in half. Oh crap, those aren't exactly Fisher Price plastic, cheap chairs. The bars in the back are busted, we'll see if they are salvageable. I think not, Josh things so, I'll post later whose right. I must admit, probably Josh, he can fix anything but still....




Today I was tending my friend's two little boys while she went and got her hair cut. About 5 minutes after she left, her little one, Jack, wanted to see the horses out my front window. The front window is a bay and I opened the one on the left then moved onto the main one and as I was pulling the blind up the WHOLE THING came out of the wall and barely missed Jack's head. Are you kidding me, why is everything at my house falling apart all at the same time? It left dents in the wall where it came crashing down and it is not even reusable. Well, on the bright side, at least it's payday so we can buy a REAL, actual working DVD player, new blinds for the front room and either a new chair or whatever Josh needs to fix the broken one. Oh yes and this is not a picture of my house but you probably already knew that! Gotta love when things like this happen. At least it's the weekend, that's all I have to say!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap, that is a whole lot of craziness to go down all in a few days!! Boy, if we're contagious, you guys must have created an ebola like strain of our original virus! I am so glad that Chloee wasn't hurt though. That could have been scary, and I've been there, done that, and it's NO fun!

Here's to hoping nothing else breaks, chips, or cracks.......at least until next payday. :)

Unknown said...

Sorry......again. It's Amy, not Micheal. I really need to start checking with whom I'm signed in as.

The Over Family said...

Wow -- I honestly can't believe the stories you have! You should seriously collect all of them. You could write a pretty hefty book that would be really funny! I would buy it, that's for sure. :)

Heather said...

It's like crazy things happen in threes! I'm glad it's the weekend and I think you've had your share of adventurous times for YEARS! How do you get through it all with a smile? You amaze me.

Jenny said...

man, it seems like when everything hits, it's not just one thing, but several!! I can remember a few times like that! You hope they are few and far between!