Monday, May 26, 2008

In Remembrance Of

On this Memorial Day I wanted to put up a post in remembrance of Joseph Dean Jones. He was also known as Grandpa Jones. He was Josh's grandpa that he was so incredibly close to. I would say that he was like a 2nd father to him. Unfortunately, Grandpa Jones died from Alzheimer's in February of 2001 while Josh was serving his mission in Brazil. I have never met him but I know what an amazing person he was just by the stories that I have heard. His dry sense of humor shines through in Kathy and Josh everyday. I love it. Although I didn't know him from this Earthly life, I feel very indebted to him for the guidance he gave Josh, for the principles and hard work he instilled in his grandson who was going through a very hard time in his life. He shared his love of cooking with Josh and taught him countless lessons that Josh has used throughout his life.
Thank you grandpa, I love you and can't wait until I can finally meet you!

How beautiful to see our American flag draped across his coffin. Grandpa served in the Navy, just one more thing to admire him for, along with all the other many accomplishments he did in his life.

4 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

What a tender post Kim! How neat that Josh had such a strong relationship with his Grandpa. What a blessing to know that families are forever. What a wonderful man and loved one.

The Family said...

Thank you, Kim. That was a very nice tribute to my wonderful Dad. I know how much I love and miss him, but it's nice to know that others are thinking of him as well. I'm really sad that Ty and Rach didn't have the opportunity to know him and spend time with him in the garden and gathering eggs and going to Kountry Korner to buy candy. They are missing out. The day he died was the saddest day in my life. He truly loved his children and grandchildren, and I know he would have adored you, too. I cherish the memories of him and hope I can carry on his legacy of love and acceptance, and openmindedness. I know I have a long way to go, but I hope to be like him in some small way. I can't wait for us all to be together again.

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

YOu are the sweetest girl ever! what a sweet post! I look up to my grandpa's as well!

Sandstone Writings said...

How touching. Thanks for sharing.