Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day

I know this is so late but better late than never...

We had my family and Amy's family down for dinner on Sunday. It was nice to get together and just have fun. I love my mom so much and she does so much for me, it's not even funny! She is one of the most selfless people I know and she has such a tender and sweet heart.

I remember coming home from school and talking to my mom for hours about the daily events and the drama. There was always drama! Three girls within 4 years of each other, always fighting for mom's attention and our turn for us to tell all was I'm sure fun years for her. (Matt, you have no idea how good you have it not having to share her with anyone else at home.)

I remember the late nights talking, the many tears that were shed, the heartwarming talks and the laughter just as though it was yesterday. Mom, I know I put you through hell in my teenage years but I always knew that you never stopped loving me despite my poor actions and decisions. You never gave up on me and never lost hope! You will never know how much that meant / means to me. You truly are one of a kind and am so thankful that I was lucky enough to be sent into you and dad's lives and home. I love you more than you will ever know and am eternally indebted to you for so many things!

Thanks for being my mother but most of all thanks for being YOU! I hope that I can have the same relationship with my children as I have with you. It has not been until I have a child of my own that I feel I can understand a tiny piece of what you went through. I guess you can never understand until it comes full circle and you have children of your own. Thank you for all your love, sacrifice, patience, hope and understanding! Happy Mother's Day!!!


Oh, here's the usual with Chloee and pictures! I had a wonderful Mother's Day. Josh decorated the kitchen with streamers and balloons and a sign with Chloee. He let me sleep in, ok, as much as he could, we had church at 9 am. He was also going to make breakfast but late Saturday night he remembered that it was our Fast Sunday on Mother's Day. We had so much fun together. Chloee made me a cute paper with flowers in nursery and Josh gave me No Reservations (which I love and have been wanting it forever) and a gym bag. I had been wanting one to go to the gym, you know ever since I am trying to get my rear end in gear! I also got some clothes.

Josh is always doing sweet things for me every time I turn around. One day about a month ago, Josh went out of town to Canada and I went up to Logan to visit my mom. He beat me home and when I got in the house there was a big bouquet of flowers sitting on the kitchen counter for me. He is so thoughtful and sweet. Sometimes I really struggle being a mom to be very INDEPENDENT, STRONG WILLED, NO FEAR daughter. Josh is so great to always come home and give me a break or make dinner, I never really have to ask, he can usually tell and just jumps in and helps everyday. Love you Josh and thanks for a great Mother's Day.


Last but not least, my mother-in-law, Kathy. Kathy was in Europe over Mother's Day but she still took the time to write me a nice email wishing me a happy mother's day. She is so sweet and I love her so much. Although we have had our ups and downs I wouldn't trade her for anything in the world. She has been so much more than a mother-in-law to me. She has been an amazing friend, mother and confidant. I think our personalities are soooo much alike and that is why we have clashed in the past but for that exact same reason we get along so well. We think alike and do alike and therefore it is so much fun to be together. I am truly so grateful for a Mother-in-law who loves me despite my many faults and can forgive me of my wrongdoings. I love you so much Kathy, probably more than you even know. Thank You!

5 comments:

Renae Williams said...

Kim, Thanks so much for dinner and the wonderful Mother's Day family get-together. Thank you, also, for such a nice tribute about being your mom. I hope to be able to live up to all of those nice things someday. In all honesty, it was so much fun to listen to all of you girls tell about your days, good and bad. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything in the world. Remembering all of the adventures and trials makes me laugh and sometimes cry even now. You are a beautiful daughter and I love you so much! Love Mom

Amy and Micheal said...

Well said Kim! I cried reading your post. I remember all the times we'd just talk Mom's ear off with all the drama of our lives. She was always there and always had/has the best advice. Even if we didn't think so at the time, she was right. I halfway contemplated just moving your post over to my blog, it was beautiful. I still have been meaning to put one up, but you know how slow I am at getting things up and running. Thanks for such a great tribute to our dear friend and the greatest person in the whole world, MOM!

The Family said...

Kim, Thanks for taking the time to wish me a happy Mother's
Day. It means a lot to me. I love you so much and I'm so thankful you're in our family. I'm so grateful that you and Josh are so happy. I hope you can feel the love we have for you! Love, Kathy

The Johnson's said...

What a wonderful tribute to the mother's in your life! You, too, are a great Mom, Kimberlee! Chloee will one day pay tribute to you as well!

Heather said...

It sounds like you have such beautiful relationships with your mom and mother-in-law. That is wonderful! Happy Mother's day to you! :-)