Monday, May 26, 2008

Snapped Like A Twig

I felt as though I were this tree on Sunday. The only thing that was holding me up from completely falling apart was a tiny little wire, something that could easily give way at any moment and make my body at one with the ground.

I was worried sick about my talk, I worked on it almost all of Saturday. About midnight rolled around and I decided to get some shut eye. I made one last look at Chloee and realized she was incredibly HOT, not sleeping very deep and extremely ornery. We took her temperature (rectally, hey that's all we have that works) so you could imagine how MAD she was. Sure enough it was 103. We took her downstairs to give her some Tylenol. In goes the first half of the syringe and she starts screaming, stands up and pukes all over the carpet. A lot of blueberries came up, it was almost impossible to get out of the carpet. I moved her over to the tile just to have her throw up 2 more times. It was all over the tile, me and her. We knew we were in for a night of FUN! After lots of screaming, crying, holding, rocking and laying on an inflatable mattress in our front room, she finally let me sleep solid from 6-8 am. I was running off 2 hours of sleep. The only reason I woke up was because my mom called at 8 am to see how she was doing. I almost slept through church! That would have been grand! Josh's mom was on her way up to listen to us talk. We figured it was food poisoning where she was doing better.

We got to church about 5 minutes before it started. Lucky for us the youth speaker took about 5 minutes instead of 30 seconds. Josh said, "Let's give that kid a hug!". Josh had LITERALLY NO TIME to do his talk. He was doing it when Chloee got sick on Sunday night. He kept telling me, "Take your time, I really don't have a lot". Great, that's what I was telling him earlier on in the week. I said the opening prayer and then went on to talk after the youth speaker. I took a little over 20 minutes! I didn't even realize I was up there that long. I was completely guided by the spirit and was able to get though it without too many mistakes. By the time I was done and the rest him was over, Josh had about 5 minutes. Needless to say, he did 15 minutes and had shortened it way down. Funny how things like that work out.

We came home after Sacrament Meeting. Chloee was on the rise again in temperature. She only wanted to lay on Josh's shoulder, it all pointed to an ear infection to me. We were getting everything ready for the birthday party dinner we were doing for Josh's mom and all the kids. We took her to KidsCare and were there for an hour. YEP, A BAD EAR INFECTION. We were at the pharmacy for an hour and by the time we got home, Josh cooked for about 3 hours straight. Talk about BAD, BAD timing. I am so glad that it is all over! At least now we know what is wrong with Chloee and that she can be on some meds and that we are ALL done with our talks. From now on the answer is, "NO"!

SORRY FOR THE SUPER LONG POST. I'M SURE YOU SCANNED IT STACIE, MAYBE NOT EVEN THAT. SORRY IF THIS IS BORING TO EVERYONE BUT AS I'VE SAID BEFORE, MY JOURNAL, DEAL WITH IT OR DON'T READ IT!

6 comments:

The Family said...

I think it's wrong for the answer to be "no!" because you did such a great job on your talk! You know that since you did give such a good talk, they will ask you again, soon! Anyway, it was totally worth coming and listening to you guys!

Amy and Micheal said...

The three of you are probably feeling like changing your legal names to Job by now, huh? I can't believe ALL that happened, and in such a short period of time!! I hope that Chloee is feeling better, that all of you are feeling better, and just relaxing! I know I'm far, but let me know if there is anything I can do to help you! The boys send their loves and kisses. Awesome job on your talks too. Obviously I wasn't there in person, but I heard that they were great!

Stacie Peterson said...

Yeah I have no idea what that said cause I couldnt bear to read it. jk I had to read it to see if you said anything about me not helping with the dinner, like how I watch Josh cook and sit there like a princess. thanks for not writing any of that!

The Johnson's said...

I'm glad your talk went well but so sorry Chloee is sick and that you had such a crazy day. This week will be much better. ps you better watch out--sounds like your talk was awesome, they're gonna change that calling of yours to something worse!!

Sandstone Writings said...

Love your title--it drew me in to the post quickly! How did you do Sunday on such little sleep? Isn't the spirit great?

Heather said...

You totally amaze me that you could do a talk with so sleep and a sick little one! I'm glad you were buoyed up by the spirit . . . and I'm glad for you that it's over! Although, I wish I could have heard it. You always seem to say inspirational things!