Thursday, May 22, 2008

Late Nights

Call it an addiction, call us crazy but Amy and I are obsessed with Bubble Bobble. Yes, you would not understand unless you grew up playing this game 24-7! Josh and Micheal soooo don't remotely understand, they think it's boring and stupid.

So many memories come flooding back with this game. Amy was always player 1, the green dragon and I was always player 2, the blue one. We used to spend countless hours playing this game until we had migraines and until we were about to pass out from no sleep. When Amy comes to visit, it is nothing short of the exact same thing! We downloaded the old version onto our Wii and we just CAN'T stop playing it! Obviously, when we were playing the game before, it was on just a regular Nintendo, the old, old ones.

Tuesday night we stayed up until a little after 2 am. Last night we actually went to bed at around 1 am, which was extremely abnormal. We have won it at least 6 times and she was here for less than 48 hours. I didn't do so well this morning when Chloee decided to get up at 5:45 am! I need more sleep! There is regular Bubble Bobble with 100 levels and then once you pass "The Final Boss" there is another 100 levels of SUPER Bubble Bobble, then the Final Boss again!

Thanks for the great time and laughter, Amy! You are such a hoot and will miss you terribly when you move to Alaska! Thanks for spending some time here and for helping me reminisce about our childhood... Always fond memories!

2 comments:

Amy and Micheal said...

I can't believe that we passed it that many times. Our childhood selves would be proud! That was SO MUCH FUN! It really helped distract me so I wasn't entirely dysfunctional from missing Micheal. I love playing Bubble Bobble with you, and I too, love the memories of our younger days playing it as well. Thanks Kim, for letting us stay so long and play/take over your domain. We had a great time! Love you so much!

Sorry I always took all the food!

Heather said...

That sounds like such a fun game! Don't you love all the fun memories from being a kid? It sounds like you and your sister have such a great relationship. You're lucky to have each other. :-)